Multiple Game Controllers

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Technical question regarding Game Controllers plugged into USB ports in Prepar3d computer. I use 2 controllers with the same name. Each controller has it's own serial number. When I go to Options and Controls to delete the assignments I see both connected but only able to see the one controller after I select 1 or the other in the list. (Name shown is FC-1). I had to go into the configuration file and delete the second FC-1 assignments. Is there any way you can look into the naming of controllers to allow for a second one (or maybe even a 3rd) to have the same name? We run up to 3 in our current devices. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Running Version 1.2 (thanks for the fixes there)

Intel I7 960 @ 3.2 Ghz

12 G Ram

Windows 7 64 Bit

Service Pak 1

Regards,

Steve

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi Steve,

You are correct. Sadly, with 1.2 you are unable to use more than one controller with the same name. This bug has already been fixed for our next release.

Unfortunately, I am unable to give an estimate of when the next release will occur, but it will be sometime next year.

Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Thanks Adam, will be looking forward to the next update.
Tim_A

Post by Tim_A »

Excellent news - I have the same problem with 2x Saitek T-P-M axis controllers.

imcp3137

Post by imcp3137 »

My concern is a lttle different. I have a CH quadrant, a Saitek Multipanel, and a Logitech 3D Extreme joystick (until I can afford a replacement yoke), but I cannot get changes I make to stick. I have to redo them each time I commence a flying session. I have used Accept, Apply and Accept, and earlier kept all changes to Apply and hit Accept at the end. Yet the controls revert to some previous version (not the default) that I had previously. Which means I did it right that time, but don't know how. Could you kindly make it clear the proper form of fixing these choices. ps, the multipanel works through a plug-in so it causes no problems once I transferred the XML.exe file from FSX.