Saitek 3D stick

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Dean_B

Postby Dean_B » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi,

Despite re-calibrating a number of times, my Saitek 3D Joystick will only give around 75% max throttle. The default AC will only deliver 32in instead of the 38in with the F4 key.

I have reduced the null zone and increased the sensitivity, which helped a bit, but I'm still well short on power.

I do not use Saitek software. The stick works fine in FSX.

Is this another Controller issue?

-Dean

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Also see this post. It might be related to the issue that you are having with your Saitek stick.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=413

WBard

Postby WBard » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:42 am

Hey Dean_B,

Actually you were on to something, and we can replicate it. Luckily there is a workaround. If you set your sensitivity and null zone in the 'advanced controls' tab on the controls settings, then click back to the 'simple controls' tab, the 'simple controls' tab will automatically override anything you set on the 'advanced controls' - even though it doesn't show if you click back in the 'advanced controls' tab. If you set your values in the 'advanced controls' tab, and then hit accept and leave the controls UI, your null zone and sensitivity will be set to what you want it to be.

Let us know if that workaround works for you, we'll get it fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Dean_B

Postby Dean_B » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm

W Bard,

If I understand you correctly, you must set your NZ and TS from the 'Advanced Controls' and then exit from UI. This is something I have been doing already. With a Null Zone of 1 and a Throttle Sensitivity of 100, I still only get around 3/4 throttle. For me this makes Prepar3D un-usable at present.

Is there a hotfix in the pipeline or will I have to wait for the next version?

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”