Multi-Channel Configuration

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
cliff

Postby cliff » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi All,

Back to looking at this issue now and Jim thanks for looking into this for me. I note that Beau you are running a set-up similar to us we have the Master machine connected to 3 projectors for the main view and we have a seperate PC that we want to display just the instruments. The problem we have is getting the two PC's and their respective copies of P3D to sync, can anyone point me in the right direction?

The master is working fine and the displays and flying around are perfect I just need to set-up the instruments PC and get them to sync.

Cliff.

jimcooper1

Postby jimcooper1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 am

Cliff,

If you're using Multi-Channel then you'll need to put your Instruments on the Master and have the outside views on the Slave. If you're using Multi-Player then your second PC can be instrument specific. Send me a PM and we'll arrange to RV. (That's Rendez-Vous not Recreational Vehicle!)

Jim

cliff

Postby cliff » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 am

Jim,

PM sent I have the Master PC and the IoS PC set-up and working so I can fly the plane and using the IoS move it around the world etc and this all works. I am reluctant to change this so I suppose the best method would be the Multi-Player route but how do I set this up.

The GlassCockpit machine has P3D running and the B787 Add-on which all works I just need it to collect it's data from the Master Machine and I will be done. We are displaying the Sim for a company tomorrow (I Know I Know!!) and they have donated an amount to our charity so it would be nice for it to be usable but they are happy to just show the help they have given in building the Sim.

Any help guys would be great I have until 9am to get this last bit working, then it's just the making it look nice before we send it to events to raise the money for the charity we support.

Thanks

Cliff.

jimcooper1

Postby jimcooper1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am

Cliff,

The Multi-Player configuration info can be found in the SDK docs although I'm not altogether sure how SimConnect and Multi-Player interact, however Forum Member FSMP may be able to advise and, being located in US EST time-zone, he'll have 5 more hours daylight/working time compared to UK BST to help beat your 0900hrs deadline!!!

Regards

Jim

FSMP

Postby FSMP » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:46 pm

A quick and dirty way to get your system up and running, as you desire, is to use Multiplayer Shared Cockpit.

( Turn off any system you currently have attempting to use Simconnect to link the two planes together).

With your system set up as you originally had, with the "master" PC with 3 screens showing your Outside view, have the master machine start a Multiplayer session (private Lan), and have it set its aircraft to SHARE. Have it join the session (FLY).

Then, with your second PC, start that up in Multiplayer mode, and connect to the master in Multiplayer ( do not set SHARE Aircraft on this 2nd machine -- only on the master).

Have the 2nd PC SHARE with the 1st PC, before you start the 2nd PC flying in the MP session.

Set up your 2nd PC to show whatever you want .. looks like you want it just displaying the Instruments.

You will be flying from the MASTER Machine (as you typically do), but the JOINED Plane's PC, will be showing the SAME instrument readings as the Master's Plane, because you are in "Shared Cockpit".

Hope this helps, and gets you up and running in a way that can get you through your demo.

Of Course, with P3D, you can have additional Computers "SHARE" that same plane, and display whatever you want.... TOP down views, other Instruments, other Views. Each PC you add, give you 2 (or maybe 3) extra Monitor views. ( Each computer needs P3D License to run)

One disadvanatge to this solution "long term", is that you cannot set up this sharing "Programatically" -- it will require someone to set up and make the connections, each time you run the SIm.

If you need some help with the above, PM me -- I realize you are under a time constraint :(

Geoff

jimcooper1

Postby jimcooper1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Geoff,

apologies for volunteering your expertise...but I had a strong feeling you would help!!

Cheers

Jim

FSMP

Postby FSMP » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Jim

No problem -- you can Volunteer as much as you want -- so can I :P

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”