This is for AMD users

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Louis8

This is for AMD users

Postby Louis8 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Just wondering if i build the wrong set up , I just can't seem to get this thing to run right, tried all kinds of settings and various tweaks . My friend has a i9 9900 board with the high dollar RTX card and makes me looks sick , all setting cranked to the right and smooth as can be and this thing is a embarrassment . No matter what i do the airstrips is jaggies upon jaggies and when i taxi with payware airport like Kellowna or Vancouver its jerky . I'm fed up with it and at my wits end . Hopefully some one with a rig like i have can give me some tips with this thing, I've tried them all and wondering if AMD is not the way to. Thanks Louis calgary

Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X8-core processor 4.20 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 64.0 G
Card is a 1080Ti
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta

Snowfalcon

Re: This is for AMD users

Postby Snowfalcon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:16 am

Don't have all settings maxed in v5 but with HF2 FPS is decent and smooth. Even flying into Imagesim, KLGA and Latin VFR KMIA(notoriously heavy on systems) in the PMDG NGXu.

You don't give us much to go on, What 1080 card what version of windows and what version of P3D?
Snowfalcon13 KRTS The Valley of speed / PMDG Beta Test Team
Asus ROG Strix B450-f, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3200, 1TB Neo970 M2 SSD, radeon rx5700 XT 8GB

Louis8

Re: This is for AMD users

Postby Louis8 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks snow, was starting to wonder if i was gonna get a response at all cause i'm in desperate mode here lately . I'm running P3d V4.5 but have not installed the latest Hot fix . My card is GTX 1080Ti driver is standard 445.75 PCI Express gen 3 . Windows 10 Home 64 bit . I'm not using Nvidea Inspector. Running Active sky and just a few days ago bought Cloud Art and my friend came in with TeamView and set it up cause he has it and it does help . The AA part i seem to have to use only the SSAA's cause switching to any of the MSAA option is a no go at all with this rig . Using the Anisotropic 16-8-4 and mixing any SSAA 8-or 4 i always have jaggies on the runways. At night using the PMDG NGXu i need dynamic lighting on to but with SSAA at 8 she just crawls to its knees so i put it on SSAA 4 and its livable . I'm very aware that Autogen draw distance is crucial so i keep it MED .I don't have HDR lighting on and in the day time i uncheck Dynamic lighting . I run a pile of Orbz payware and airports --Traffic i have all off - I hope this helps a bit Louis
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”