Simulator interrupt frequently

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Simpilot1

Simulator interrupt frequently

Postby Simpilot1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello,
I'm not sure if my topic is hardware related but I think it is and maybe somebody has an idea.
The issue cannot be specified by a certain version of P3D. I'm using Version 4.
During the hole session the Simulator stops/interrupt (still normal view e.g. virtual cockpit) and start to work something in the background and comes back to normal after about 5 seconds. This happens all the time in a sequence of about 5-10 minutes. I have no idea what it is or what it may cause.
I can perform short haul, long haul whatever. No crash.

Within normal usage I have runing Active Sky, Oculus VR Program, Virtual Avionics.

This happens even in virtual cockpit mode or VR mode in the same way. What is obvious is if you have been somehow inactive for a whiles and move mouse, pan switch or something else it appears as described.

Any idea? Would be great.
Thanks
Andreas

downscc

Re: Simulator interrupt frequently

Postby downscc » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Two possibles the first being the most common if you use FSUIPC autosave feature, are the pauses related to the saves? The second one is rarer but I had it happen to me and is related to Windows Defender. I found that I had to set the Defender properties to exclude scanning the Defender folders because that caused intermittent pauses, but those affected the computer as a whole and not just P3D.
Dan Downs
KCRP

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Andreas,

What are your system specs?

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 graphics w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Simpilot1

Postby Simpilot1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:15 am

Hello both,

Thanks for your thoughts. I was out yesterday so please see my spec below

I7-4790 K OC, Nividia GTX 1080Ti, 32Gb RAM, Win 10 Pro 64bit latest version, SSD.

I'm planning next flight now and start with FSUIPC autosave deactivation. See what is out come. Windows defender will try when autosave isn't the cause.

Thank's again
Andreas

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 am

And, of course, you need to check this out, if you haven't already:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... ation.html

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 graphics w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Simpilot1

Postby Simpilot1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Helllo,

first flight deactivate autosave, no more interupts again.
For the time beeing I will check it with next session, because history shows that computer and software interaction can be some mystic stuff. But anyhow thanks for this idea that most likely solve my issue.

Have a great weekend.

Andreas

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”