Oculus VR and P3D settings question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
vegasjon777

Oculus VR and P3D settings question

Postby vegasjon777 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 am

Hello all;

I just bought an Oculus Rift S and was wondering about graphic settings. With my monitor I had a resolution at 3850x2160. If I am using the Rift, should I lower my graphic settings to he max of the Rift specs and will that improve framerate performance? What settings do you recommend that I set for VR?

Rlbomber

Re: Oculus VR and P3D settings question

Postby Rlbomber » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:16 am

I've been flying p3d using the oculus for the past two years. From what I understand the monitor setting doesn't affect the performance of the Oculus. However, the display settings within P3D will have an affect. In fact, the oculus uses it's own resolution independent from the display settings in P3D. I created two settings within P3D, one for when I'm using vr and one for when I'm using the monitor.

Also, I use the Oculus tray tool which is a free download. I bump up the supersampling to about 1.2 - 1.5 and it will clear up the guages.

Brandon Knight
Lockheed Martin

Re: Oculus VR and P3D settings question

Postby Brandon Knight » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello,

For more information on VR and tuning Prepar3d Settings take a look at our Tuning Guide article in the learning center.
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... guide.html

Regards,
Brandon Knight
Brandon Knight
Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”