Color flaw-a landscape display in grayscale colors

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Dam

Color flaw-a landscape display in grayscale colors

Post by Dam »

Hello everyone,

I'm posting this ad because I do not understand anything anymore. I resume since my debut
I evolve under Windows seven integral since my debut on the simulation with PDv3.4 in 32 bits. I chained flights without problems in liner, VFR day and night. I'm happy with this simulator and this version that I have done well in terms of fluidity, image quality, network ....
Following the release of P3DV4.5, I took the plunge and I always install v4 under seven. This notes that the rendering is super pretty and especially in 64 bits! After thinking I decided to go under WINDOWS 10 PRO to evolve into OS.

I install w10 PRO on my machine and I notice that the boredom starts.
• Installing w10 pro with the product key
• Software installation according to my needs
• Installation of original P3DV4.5
• Network installation, REX, ENV SHADE ............ original
• Some scenes
• Some planes
• Setting my screens (3 * 27 inches in nvidia surround mode)
• ... ..

At the launch of P3D, I see that the image under w10 is not the same as seven. A bland image, lacking in color and brighter as before !!!! . A picture a little dull ...
I touched the HDR of V4, Windows colors, screens, nothing to do ... fade. Setting w10, nothing.
I just backtracked on the version of the latest NVIDIA driver for control ... .rien.
I now evolve on a bland image, without brilliance, the PBR is almost invisible like the HDR.
I do not recognize my simu anymore. I have W10 pro, a 6700k, a 1070 NVIDIA 8 giga oc, only SSD, 32 giga of RAM.
What is going on ? a w10 effect? a setting that I do not know!
If a person has a track, a council, an experience, I'm interested.
Here is an image, which represents the current defect

An image without reflection, shine on the body as well as the rest. I just saw that I do not even have the reflection of the setting sun on the sea. a landscape display in grayscale colors.

Thank you in advance for reading.
Sorry for my English

Dam
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Color flaw-a landscape display in grayscale colors

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Dam,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Specifically step 5.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Dam

Post by Dam »

Hello,
I problem is visible from the beginning. A p3d virgin of any addon, a simple installation gives me a rendering of gray.
thank you in advance for your help
cordially
Dam
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Hello Dam,

Google translate creates some interesting text but we understand what you mean. :-)

Recently, I have experienced exactly the same as you. Quite an interesting effect and I couldn't figure it out.
Then I realised I had not started REX Environment Force first as you need to before starting P3D.Fixes it straight away. (I also start REX SF before that as well)

I don't think it happened with the older version of REX EF but each time I forget to start it then the landscape and blue sky go grey.
Good Luck.
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
Dam

Post by Dam »

Hello,
followi grand my p3dv4.5 problem regarding a colorimetry problem, I just backed up on windows seven instead of windows 10. Following the installation of P3d under seven I notice that the PBR of the F16 shows me no effect, still no more colorful rendering. I despair what to do, last driver from NVIDIA, blank installation, administrator mode, on a SSD. Can you tell me what's going on?
Dam
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Dam,

Is everything else on the computer in grayscale? What about other applications that use your graphics card?

Did you try step 5 in the general debugging steps?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Dam

Post by Dam »

Hello,
Hello, yes I did step 5, delete the files as described in the procedure. Nothing to do always the same ,no PBR on the orange F16 and even less brilliance on my screens. The image is bland, with very little reflection and brightness. No other games on my computer to test.
Dam