Acer ah101 Windows Mixed Reality

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Flusix

Acer ah101 Windows Mixed Reality

Post by Flusix »

is the virtual reality glasses from ACER ah101 suitable for use in the P3d v.4.5?
Daube

Re: Acer ah101 Windows Mixed Reality

Post by Daube »

A bit late to answer, sorry. But all "Windows Mixed Reality" helmets will work perfectly with P3Dv4.5.
You will need to install some software:
- Windows Mixed Reality (installed automatically when you will plug your helmet to your computer for the first time)
- Steam (and create a Steam account, if you don't already have one)
- SteamVR (installed from Steam)
- Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR (installed from Steam)

I am using the Lenovo Explorer helmet with P3D4.5. It is also a Windows Mixed Reality helmet. It works flawlessly.
pmb

Post by pmb »

I have been using the ACER AH101 with Prepar3d (using native VR support) from time to time (alternating with a 2D screen). It works, given you installed the required programs named by Daube.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
DJLipsitz

Post by DJLipsitz »

I'm using Acer MR with P3Dv4.5, works great, except PMDG's aircraft can't ever position me correctly so I have to do that manually. Even gives me the cramped feel of the cockpit for the 737NG, lol. It doesn't see the MR controllers for some reason (headset does, just not P3Dv4.5), so can't adjust settings (switches, nobs, etc.). I better learn touch typing, or just build the cockpit the next time I have several thousand to spend, lol. It is great for seeing how my cockpit development looks, so I can adjust for more realism.

Deborah Lipsitz
Multiple computers with varying specs
CplDaniel

Post by CplDaniel »

DJLipsitz wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm It doesn't see the MR controllers for some reason (headset does, just not P3Dv4.5), so can't adjust settings (switches, nobs, etc.). I better learn touch typing, or just build the cockpit the next time I have several thousand to spend, lol. It is great for seeing how my cockpit development looks, so I can adjust for more realism.
Deborah Lipsitz
Multiple computers with varying specs
Talking about VR integration for realism, if you have a chance watch the development of LeapMotion's system for VR interaction. I'm watching with high hopes that LeapMotion integration will soon allow for fully-interactive cockpit environments where you can look up, see a switch, reach out with your finger and flip the switch. No other controller necessary. Only two displays in the headset need to be powered by the sim system, your scale-model cockpits can be integrated in segments according to what parts of the cockpit-build you have available, and everything else can be manipulated via Leapmotion's hand-tracking.

I've always said VR is 10yrs aways and always will be...But with Foveated imaging, Leapmotion, Wide-angle FoV, and the newest graphics card capabilities all within view today; I'm finally changing my tune about VR being relegated solely to the status of novelty gimmick
Daniel