P3DV4 Failed to read from file, Hard Disc drive disappears

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
macroaviator

P3DV4 Failed to read from file, Hard Disc drive disappears

Post by macroaviator »

Hi.

Problem issue: P3D failed to read from file due to the HD drive in which it is installed disappears from Windows Explorer. After reboot, the HD drive re-appears.

This problem crops up recently, I never had this issue before this, after years of experience with P3D.

In the beginning, the issue happens whenever I fly into a highly dense airport. Now, it turns to out to happen each and every time I load P3DV4.

I also have P3DV3 installed in the same HD in another partition. It also shows the same issue when I load it.

I have not tried to delete generated files yet since I have a lot of add on scenery/airplanes installed.

Does this mean my HDD is beginning to fail? It is a hybrid Seagate FIreCuda 2.5 1 TB.

Thanks for response.
JorgenSA

Re: P3DV4 Failed to read from file, Hard Disc drive disappears

Post by JorgenSA »

Many things could be wrong here, but from what you are saying I don't think it's the drive itself, because then you couldn't read anything off it at all.

I would first of all try a different cable and see if that works, and if you don't have one right now then you can try to disconnect and reconnect your present cable (on both ends) and see if that helps.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.