Yoke axis controls disabled if P3D4 window not active

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
gil.yoder

Yoke axis controls disabled if P3D4 window not active

Post by gil.yoder »

I noticed at times the axis controls of my yoke become inactive within P3D4. This seems to be the case when the P3D4 window is not the active window on the desktop. Button controls appear to work whether the window is active or not.

Is this normal, or abnormal for P3D4? Is there a setting for P3D4 that would make the axis controls work even when the P3D4 window is not active?

I'm not sure that the problem is with P3D4. I have installed FXIPC5 and configured it to handle certain of the button controls, but I'm not sure what I might have done to produce this behavior.

Any help would be appreciated.
downscc

Re: Yoke axis controls disabled if P3D4 window not active

Post by downscc »

I'm surprised that the buttons work when P3D does not have the focus. It is normal for Windows to direct user inputs to the object that has the focus. There is an option for sound to continue in the background (not in focus) but I'm not aware of any method to allow keyboard and controller axis to work when a different application has the focus.
Dan Downs
KCRP