dxgi error device removed...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
YWG256

Re: dxgi error device removed...

Post by YWG256 »

With all due respect that offered zero value for me. I'm from a generation that tries to find the answer on my own first and exhaust all options for troubleshooting before posting on a forum..So yes I tried all of those suggestions from that link you shared and to no avail. I will say it again, what worked is re-installing V4.3. I have yet to have this happen and I taxed the crap out of my system yesterday and not once did this error appear.

What is bothersome is not a single person from LM has chimed in with a solution for us and/or acknowledge this is an issue with their program and are working on a solution. Not very good customer service. In my line of work, I always ALWAYS communicate with my customers good or bad and is part of the reason why I have gained the reputation I have in the industry I work in. I never leave my customers hanging high and dry EVER.
Seralia

Post by Seralia »

Hey Guys.

Same Problem here. "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" randomly.
I now got the second Graphic Gard.... Asus GTX 980Ti

With the first one i got the Error with new Drivers.... until i use a Legacy Driver (388.71)The Error never comes back for a few month.
In the End of the last Year my GPU fires up.... so i got a replace Graphic Card
I install the newest Driver, delete Shaders etc. After a few Flights i got the Error again....

I thought, "okay no big Deal - install the Legacy Driver"...... but.... nope. Yesterday i got the Error again....
i tried an older one (382.05), but after 10 min airborne ind dusk an lot of Clouds the Error Returns again.

First time i got this error was after update to 4.3......
The ERROR occures in every Region and Flight Situation

But the Last two Times it happans when i click out of the window... maybe to Discord or an Explorer....

i have no Clue...
so i will told u everything i use.

AS4 + ASCA
ENVSHADE + ENVTEX
REX TEXTURE 4 HD
REX Airport HD
ORBX Gobal Base + Vector and much more ORBX Regions
SPAD Next

cheers!
wivsteve

Post by wivsteve »

Hi

New PC delivered yesterday. Downloaded and installed p3d V4. No addons just as comes from LM and I start getting this
error. Went to NVIDIA and downloaded latest drivers, no Joy. Specs as follows

I9-9900x, RAM 32GB, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 64bit Home V1809 build 17763.253, NVIDIA driver 417.71

Sim is currently unusable as error occurs within first few mins of starting. Have tried a couple of suggestions from this thread, Panel=0 and locking FPS but I feel there is something fundamentally wrong as so many ppl having this problem
so adding my name to those disgruntled users. Currently installing DCS to see if that has similar probs or it is limited to P3D.
barrykensett

Post by barrykensett »

I have been getting this problem for a few weeks, my system has been running without fault for five years with no hardware changes. I have tried all of the fixes in this and other forums. I note that many other games forums are having the same difficulties so it is not a uniquely P3D issue. Rolling NVidia drivers back does not fix the problem, also I understand that it can happen with ATI cards. Taking sceneries out and reducing sliders doesn’t make any difference. Registry fixes don’t work.
I have checked that my two GTX 970 cards are clean and well ventilated.
The one thing that has changed and common to most users is Windows updates. I use Windows 10 and I don’t know how to roll back the updates to try that - perhaps someone else here has. I wish I could turn them off (and I am not going to pay for Pro) as it is not very realistic when flying the cockpit that either in the outside view or one of the instrument displays I get a request for Windows to reboot.
Considering the amount of time this problem has been going on across so many platforms I am surprised that by now no one has worked out what the real problem is.
It is frustrating that a home cockpit is practically useless because of the DXGI problem, particularly as many users never get it.
Barry
www.a320sim.com
elmucki

Post by elmucki »

its not an issue with P3D. Its a driver issue. I had a GTX1080 FE and had no issues with certain driver versions but other version i had issues with. I think for example 177.xx (i dont remember the exact one) never gave me issues but later version i had issues with. I did RMA the card and the new one did the same thing, so it was the driver. Now i have a RTX2080 and have zero issues with that error regardless of driver version.

Its the way the driver communicates with P3D. So while P3D is affected, its at its core an NVIDIA issue.
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
wivsteve

Post by wivsteve »

Update to my previous post

Tried to run DCS it crashed with same error. I then tried the demo copy of xplane and this also crashed
so I am pretty sure its not a P3D issue. Windows logs indicate a Nvidia problem so currently processing an RMA
on the graphics card (RTX2080ti) as this was suggested by my PC supplier. A bit concerned that users with
older and previously stable cards are reporting problems. Fingers crossed a replacement card fixes this.
jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

I battled with this error for months in P3D V3 after updating the NVidia driver. After much frustration, research and countless "fixes", I installed/reverted to 388.12 and have not changed and have not seen that error since. I am now at P3D 4.4. Until LM (or NVidia) somehow indicates there is something fixed in a newer Nvidia driver or a newer driver is required, 388.12 is where I am staying. I have a GTX 1080 GPU, Windows 10 Pro, 32GB RAM.

Jeffrey S. Bryner
Evan121

Post by Evan121 »

Does this solution work for prepar3d V3?
jsbryner

Post by jsbryner »

Evan121 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 pm Does this solution work for prepar3d V3?
Yes, before I upgraded to Prepar3d v4, I was at v3. The solution of staying with NVidia driver 388.12 worked at P3D V3 and still is working for me at P3D V4.4 (4.4.16.27077).

Jeffrey S. Bryner
shermank

Post by shermank »

FWIW, I am using version 419.35 with no dxgi issues. I have had them in the past, but honestly do not remember how I cured the problem. It might have had something to do with using VSYNC, which no longer causes issues for me. However, I do not use it, because I could notice no difference in performance with or without.

Sherm
cjibbotson

Post by cjibbotson »

I cannot believe after many many months of error free simming that I am back at this thread!!

As you can see I have contributed a great number of posts to this thread about my own issues and attempts to rectify it and the only helpful remedy I discovered was when I reduced the Power Limit in the sim to 70%. At 80% or higher the sim would crash quickly. At 70% I did test flights, either in autopilot or simply leaving the sim running in slew mode moving across the scenery and it ran fine for 12 plus hours, I was able to change the time preview from dawn / day / dusk / night without a crash.

Guess what happened when I installed the latest v4.5....no change to current graphics driver (419.35), no change to settings or Windows, no change to system variables..within 30 mins of running the sim...boom DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crash. I checked my 70% setting was enabled in MSI Afterburner and was horrified it was, I removed the prepar3d.cfg and ran default. I updated my drivers to the latest (425.31) after removing the previous ones in safe mode with DDU and have since gone back to 419.35 but it still crashes. These crashes for me happened over many months last year on tests with about 20 drivers, 4 Windows installs from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (old 1703 build) and earliest gpu drivers could use for my 1080ti and also latest Windows install along with add ons installed or completely new W10 install and totally default Prepar3D installation and settings. System settings also restored to default, no overclocks at all or even underclocking factory overclocked gpu. I do not use FS Labs nor nVidia Inspector which some in the past believed caused it. It just seems weird it has worked for months yet I suddenly start getting DXGI crashes minutes after updating. I also wiped the shaders as recommended so that cannot be blamed. I have also been suddenly getting a lot of Kernalbase.dll crashes and the command prompt "sfc /scannow" which finds no issues. During the update I installed both the 4.5 Client and Content. I have gone back to 4.4 Client but still the DXGI crashes are there.

Life is way too short and I'm not wasting any more time on this rubbish. Jim Young of Avsim insists its a hardware fault and the card should be RMA'd but with the prospect of my card having to be returned all the way to Hong Kong because they have no UK base, despite being bought from the UK's largest pc component retailer, and the fact others have RMA their cards yet still get crashes leaves me to finally accept this is the end of the road for me and flight simming. There is NO way 100s of us reporting these errors on LM forums, Avsim and across some major Facebook groups have faulty cards. The fact it happens with so many drivers or versions of Windows leaves me so unsure what is at fault. It has been going on for a few years now though suddenly became very prominent about last May. My system was formatted about 2 months ago and the sim reinstalled, the system is fully up to date though running an old 1703 installation made no difference on past tests.

Never in my life have I been so frustrated over a piece of software! I'm about to go away on holiday but given up trying to resolve this fault.

Regards

Chris Ibbotson
wanthuyr

Post by wanthuyr »

You can count me in. Again with DXGI DEVICE HUNG issues everytime I'm starting to taxi my Triple Seven at dusk. P3D v4.5 HotFix Edition, nVIdia driver very latest as of today (tried the previous one too). Video card is a 1080TI.
Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

I had this today for the first time ... P3Dv4.5 HF and the latest Nvidia Drivers
flightsimproductions

Post by flightsimproductions »

I'm having the same issue as the rest of you. I don't see how this can be a bad video card since there are several posts regarding this issue. I'm going to try and revert back to an older driver, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, its back to an older version of P3D. If that doesn't work, I'll have to come up with a plan C.
Maikel

Post by Maikel »

Clean install. Same error here after completing my flight from Flytampa YUL to FSDT JFK with the QW 787. Laters version for P3D, never seen this before. Weird. 2x1080.