[RESOLVED] Dual Thrustmaster Throttles lose assignments between system restarts

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
SubLogical

[RESOLVED] Dual Thrustmaster Throttles lose assignments between system restarts

Postby SubLogical » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 pm

I use two Thrustmaster throttles for flying twin engine propeller planes .... one for each engine and its prop etc and P3d v4.2 handles them well until I shut the computer down ... after which on re-startup of the computer they lose their engine/prop Control assignment for their individual "Axis" and both revert to the same assignment.

Let me try and explain it like this ...
Throttle 1 is set to control Left and Right Engines "Power" and Throttle 2 is set to control Left and Right "Propellers" ...

The plane flies perfectly controlled in this "saved" setup until the flight is ended and the computer shut down.

On re-start after loading P3d and selecting the same plane, both Throttles are now re-set to operate either ONLY the Engines "Power" or "Propellers" ... not both as originally set ... and you have to re-set them up to fly.

Thrustmaster had me update the drivers and firmware which made no difference as they were already current and after that they were lost as to a reason for the behavior.

This has me baffled as it never used to be a problem ... is it something to do with the way P3d sets each Throttle with "Rz" and "Z" assignments which runs them properly until shutdown and the since they're same confuses their assigning or ...?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

downscc

Re: Dual Thrustmaster Throttles lose assignments

Postby downscc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 pm

After you have set all the assignments for buttons and axis, try exporting the controls (same as saving the control configuration). Perhaps next time you start P3D that configuration will be present but if not you can always import (same as open the control configuration).

My dual throttle controller has a slider which I use for prop control when in props and speedbrake when in jets. I also have different configurations for twins (each engine gets a throttle) and quads (one throttle for all engines). These different configurations are each saved (exported) and loaded (imported) depending on aircraft scenario (loading a scenario does not change the control configuration, you need to open the Controls UI and select Import). This works well when updating versions because so far the older version configuration has always worked in new P3D versions.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Postby Clifton Crane » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi SubLogical,

Can you try switching control input API's from Raw Input to DirectInput? This can be done via Options > Controls > Other. You will see the Input Method section at the top of the dialog.

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

SubLogical

Postby SubLogical » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:06 am

My Sincere thanks and appreciation for your advice which I'm happy to say was very valuable.

Switching from Raw to Direct Input was a bit of work but well worth the effort ... it seems to be holding the assignments through computer shutdown.

Also, saving all the settings was a good reminder although I had been doing that previously and on recalling them after a shutdown didn't work ... they failed to re-install.

All the best,

Ken

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”