Will Matrox dualhead2go improve frame rates

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
cbruce

Will Matrox dualhead2go improve frame rates

Post by cbruce »

I currently have P3d v4.1 with 4x 40" TVs which are connected to 4 of the HDMI/displayport slots of the nvidia gtx 1080ti.

Each TV has a resulution 1920 x 1080, so total resolution is 7680 x 1080.

With this setup I have frames of around 20 at big airports, but in the sky they rapidly go to 100+ as I have fps on unlimited which seems to be the only way I can get more than 20 at big airports

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but if I connect the 2 forward Tvs to a matrox dualhead2go (ie being a resolution of 3840 x 1080 for this) would I get better frames as this would be a 3 channel rather than 4 channel setup? Or would it make no difference as pixels stay the same?

Best
Charles
grantday2000

Re: Will Matrox dualhead2go improve frame rates

Post by grantday2000 »

I think at the end of the day, the frame rate is somewhat directly related to the total size of your display. I am using a triple head 2 go (TH2Go) with another three monitors (total of six) which are all run by my GTX 980 Ti video card. I’m getting around 40 FPS at airports and 80+ away from airports using P3D V4.1. I have to run my monitors at 1680x1050 each (due to model of monitors I have). I know the TH2Go module does help with the graphics but I don’t think you will gain much going with a DH2Go. The main reason I am using the TH2Go is to get two additional displays out of my video card.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Will Matrox dualhead2go improve frame rates

Post by Rob McCarthy »

That's correct, you most likely will not see a noticeable performance impact either way. In general it's best to plug displays directly into the card if possible. If more outputs are needed than what your current hardware can provide than a TH2Go can be used to add more outputs to your machine. Also stretching a single Prepar3D view across multiple displays will tend to perform better than using a single view per display. There will be visual differences in these cases so you'll need to see which works best for you.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead