[RESOLVED] Dual Monitor problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
degeus

[RESOLVED] Dual Monitor problem

Post by degeus »

Hello,
I have a two-monitor system, the biggest one for the panel or outside-view, the other one for additional things like GPS. Up till recently that worked perfectly in P3D V4.
Suddenly it stopped functioning properly, it now projects the chosen window (panel, spotview e.g.) accross both panels, giving wrong images, e.g. the aircraft in spotview on the right side of the larger (1920x1200) monitor.

In the meantime I installed the newest Nvidia driver 385.69 for my Geforce 970, made no difference. Other applications (Office e.g.) can work well with a document on each screen e.g.

What could be wrong or what can I do to correct it?
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands.
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
degeus

Re: Dual Monitor problem

Post by degeus »

Hi,
Additional to the first description:
Now my VC-panel view and other camera-views are very narrow projected, unreadable. 2D is O.K. as far as the panel is concerned, but the outside is also narrow-projected.
I have the idea that P3D somehow produces a very wide image and now (with the second monitor disabled in the settings of W10), tries to project it on the available monitor 1920x1200. So the image is compressed in width.
reg.,
Piet
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Piet,

Does deleting your Prepar3D.cfg and shaders fix what you're seeing?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
degeus

Post by degeus »

Hello Rob,
Deleting the Prepar3D.cfg solved the problem. I had to reset the settings to my choice, gave no problem either. Moving GPS-like windows to second monitor works fine again.
Many thanks for your suggestion, quick and good.
BTW: what means "shaders fix", where is it and what does it do?
reg.,
Piet
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: [RESOLVED] Dual Monitor problem

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Glad to hear that fixed it Piet. Shaders are code generated for the GPU. In some cases certain updates or add-ons can start causing graphical anomalies. In a lot of cases forcing this code to regenerate will fix these issues. These files are deleted when running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in the Prepar3D directory and then rebuilt when launching Prepar3D.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead