Disappearing Instruments

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
mathieub

Post by mathieub »

I have a 4 screen setup. I have 3 32" screens set up as a panoramic cockpit view and a 22" screen below them with multiple instruments. However if I reset the flight or crash the instruments on the lower screen disappear and I have have to re-open all of them.

Is there a way to fix this or are you fixing it for v2.1?
sarsonk001

Post by sarsonk001 »

I had a similar issue with a certain 3rd party aircraft I tested. I tried a default aircraft that also had a popup G1000 and it didn't disappear even when the flight was saved and loaded again. It would load up visible on my 8" touchscreen and wouldn't disappear when clicked or if the flight was reset.

If you are using a 3rd party aircraft you might try to use a default aircraft just to see if it does it as well. Then you can know if it's just the aircraft or something else.
blixel

Post by blixel »

I have the same problem with just 2 screens. I have the virtual cockpit view on the lower monitor, and I have various instruments on my top monitor. If I reset the flight, everything on the top monitor is lost. I've been working around this problem by getting everything set up how I want, and then saving my flight (press ; to save). Then I will load the save file instead of resetting. Fortunately loading the save file restores all the instruments to the top monitor. So that's one way to deal with it, but hopefully this bug will get fixed.
WBard

Post by WBard »

Hi there,

We will look into the issue, but we are glad that you found a workaround with restoring the flight for now.