Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
vtracy

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Post by vtracy »

Today, I received the TQ that I had ordered mid-2019. Joy!
Before doing anything to my hardware setup I tried to find other people, testers, early adopters who could give me tips how to install the TQ in P3Dv5.1 HF1. So far, no luck. It seems that everybody tests with MSFS (some with XPlane) but nobody with P3D.
Is there anyone who has it installed? Experience?
Volker
suaviter in modo fortiter in re
AndiKunzi

Re: Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Post by AndiKunzi »

I‘ve got the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, P3D V5.1. You may use either the Honeycomb Configurator or FSUIPC.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eputnda5vjc4q ... 9.jpg?dl=0

The default profiles of the Honeycomb Configurator worked instantly, however I wanted a more detailed setup, so I used FSUIPC, empty profiles at the HC Configurator, and configured all axis and some buttons within P3D.
Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510 (SP), MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 Pro
i9-10900K, RTX 3090, Z490A Pro, 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36)
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB)
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K
Citlalli

Post by Citlalli »

Must download drivers from Honeycomb to make the annunciator lights illuminate, but otherwise it is an extremely good addition to the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 edition).
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

vtracy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:08 pm Today, I received the TQ that I had ordered mid-2019. Joy!
Before doing anything to my hardware setup I tried to find other people, testers, early adopters who could give me tips how to install the TQ in P3Dv5.1 HF1. So far, no luck. It seems that everybody tests with MSFS (some with XPlane) but nobody with P3D.
Is there anyone who has it installed? Experience?
Volker
Hi Volker: I just received my TQ also and have the same feeling that you do -- I can't find any videos about P3D and the Bravo. I finally have most of the axes working but I still have two issues:
1. I have the Speed Brake (Spoiler) about halfway working. I can raise the Spoiler/brake fine, but when I reverse the lever movement, the Spoiler stays up and I have to press the '/' to retract them.
2. Have you figured out how to config reverse thrust? I seem to remember that one has do something special, which I do not remember. Saw this is one of the Youtubes I was browsing and should have taken notes.

I haven't tried configuring any of the buttons or AP. Using the 'Default' profile on Project AIrbus's 318-321s.

Regards,

SK
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 10 Pro (1909); 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte 1080ti Extreme 11 Gb VRAM. P3D v5 HF2
vtracy

Post by vtracy »

Hi SK,
I am flying only GA (A2A) and warbirds (Spitfire, Me 109E). Therefore, I do not need reverse thrust. I use the white flaps lever for them so no prpbs there (except with the Bonanza). So, the axes work allright but all the other switches and buttons are not easy to assign. In the various fora that I visited, the main message seems to be that one has to use the LVars for them. That, however, is not easy to understand, the videos I saw either do not mention this or deal with them too quickly. Also, it makes finding the correct variables necessary. HERE, THE DEVELOPERS POINT TO P3Dv5 variable list. BUT sll the A2A aircraft have their own (additional) variables, even less easy to find and understand.
End result: lots of experimenting to do... until new versions of the Honeycomb software come out; they are promised but not yet available (> V2).
Volker
suaviter in modo fortiter in re
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

Thanks for the reply Volker! I guess we are suffering from being on the cutting (bleeding) edge :)
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 10 Pro (1909); 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte 1080ti Extreme 11 Gb VRAM. P3D v5 HF2