upgrade from V1.4 to V2

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
caos

Postby caos » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi,

I purchased P3D 1.4 on the 15th November 2013 and now v.2 is out. After looking at the website there is no way of upgrading the product unless I purchase the product and pay another $199.

Considering that I purchased the product only 15 days ago, is there away of upgrading with having to folk out another 199 dollars????

any help will be appreciated

minime

Postby minime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Yes, request a refund for the 1.4 and then buy the new one. They grant you a refund for a limited time after purchase.

Saul

Postby Saul » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:43 pm

You have 60 days from the date of purchase to request a refund. You will need to email refunds@prepar3d.com

Simply explain your situation and keep in mind that they are extremely busy and it may take a few days before you receive a reply.

Regards,

Saul.

Airbuspilot

Postby Airbuspilot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 pm

I can not believe, that there is no Discount offered for existing 1.4.x Users. I have paid 199$ just one Year ago for 1.4.x, that is not Bugfree. I.E. Logbook Registers not the flown Hours in Multi Engine Aircrafts. And now, i have to pay again 199$ for an Update/Upgrade from 1.4.x to V2.0? I am very disappointed about this Policy. Think, i will quit my LM-Account and looking for an another Customerfriendly Developer.

I do not want the V2.0 as a Gift from LM. But as an existing Customer of a Buggy Sim, i think it would be just fair, to give a Discount to the existing Customers. Maybe LM could change their actual License Policy regarding this Point.

Thank you and Regards,

Joachim

zswobbie1

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:35 am

You dont HAVE to pay for anything. If you had purchased it & did find you were not happy & had the problems you say you did have, I can not believe you did not query/whinge about your issues then, & request a refund then, instead of moaning now, when you wand a freebee.

If you had purchased Windows Vista & realised what a dog it was, did you go & moan to Microsoft when Windows 7 came out & demanded a discount?

I cannot believe how people demand/expect freebee's, & threaten to go to another game!

By the way, V1.4 a buggy sim? Nah, not on my i5 laptop!!

Airbuspilot

Postby Airbuspilot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, good for you, if you have a fully functional 1.4 Sim. I have not and i am not the only one, as you could easily see in the Forums here and on some other Websites.

Why i did not demand a refund? Well, LM stated that there are regulary Updates coming out to solve existing Problems. Since End of 2012 there was exactly one Update, that also did not solved any existing Problems with 1.4. Instead to Focus their Working Capacaties on solving all existing Problems with 1.4, they developed 2.0. Okay, it is their Right to set the Focus on what they want to. But it is my Right, to state my Opinion about this Policy and yes - also it is my Right, to Change to another FlightSim.

I don't know anything about Win Vista, cause i don't bought it. Did you? What Kind of Answer.

BTW If you own any MS OS, you will surely get regulary updates and Bugfixes for free. And if you wish to Upgrade to a new MS OS, you could get it for a huge Discount Price against the new Full Version.

If you read my Post carefully, i stated, that i do NOT want the V2 as a free Gift, but also not for the full Price.

But you're right. I have to pay for nothing. And i will do so, cause V2 had so much Issues in this Forum, that i will indeed spend no Money for it.

Return to “Other Support Questions”