Early $499.00 licence holder

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
andyjo

Postby andyjo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:13 am

Hi!

I bought into p3d at a very early stage and paid $499.00 for the privilege. Is there no discount on v2 for people who paid nearly 3x the cost of a professional licence?

Regards Andy Johnston

Saul

Postby Saul » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:32 am

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately not. You're not alone! Many of us have had P3D for a long time and didn't get a discount.

The Official staff have said many times regarding this question that for minor updates will be free, major overhauls must be purchased again.

They don't waver from this stand point. I know it's not helpful to you its just the official point of view.

Regards

Saul

zswobbie1

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:40 am

What are you on about? A privilege??? I'm confused here.. Since when is it a 'privilege' to buy something?

Where I come from, if we want something, we buy it..

The 'Academic' licence is $59.95 (the version, in my humble opinion, is the prefered one to purchase), with the 'Pro' at $199.00.

Discount? If you bought Office 2010 at a very early stage, you will not get a discount for Office 2013, or a discount for Windows 8 if you had XP.

P3D v2 is a different program to v1.4, so, if you want the latest, pay for the privilege!

zswobbie1

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 am

Since when has the length of time that we have had the program 'entitles' us to a discount for a totally different product?.

That's just common sense! It astounds me of the expectations & demands of some people.

Yes, minor updates are free, of most programs. Major overhauls/new programs must obviously be paid for, irrespective of how long we have owned the program.

If something new comes out, just decide to buy or not buy it, but dont whinge that you should get a discount!!

Return to “Other Support Questions”