[ANSWERED] Sweet FX

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Gerardius

Postby Gerardius » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:02 am

Hi gents,

I got SweetFX 1.4 hoping it would work with Prepar3d 1.4 (prior versions didn't work), and I can't get it working. P3D simply hangs when loading. The SweetFX's log.log file contains this:

full path: E:\Prepar3d\

redirecting CreateDevice

initialising shader environment

device->GetBackBuffer failed

redirecting CreateDevice

Any idea? It works like a charm in FSX, getting stunning graphics, with zero fps drop.

Thanks a lot for your attention, and excuse my poor english.

Gerard.

WBard

Postby WBard » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 am

Hi Gerard -

Does SweetFX provide a support forum for you to ask the creators of the software if they plan to support Prepar3D?

Gerardius

Postby Gerardius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 am

Hi WBard,

This is how the developer describes Sweet FX 1.4:

"Download SweetFX Shader Suite Download Version 1.4 - SweetFX is a universal image improvement and tweaking mod, that works with almost any 32-bit DirectX 9, 10 or 11 game or application.

This software is made by Guru3D's own CeeJay.dk and as will be supported here on Guru3D.com to the fullest extend. The goal of this software is to provide similar tools to games in realtime, as video processing software provides for movies and videos. You will need some technical grasp to be able to work with this software though. As such we recommend you to read the information below carefully...
"

This is the link: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

In my experience it supports all the games in DX9, DX10 and DX11, like FSX, with stunning graphic iprovements, and with no fps drop. I will upload a picture with before and after later. It works as ENBSeries, the only installation consist in copying the included files in the game directury, and that's all.

In their forum, I coud read a post asking for P3D crashes when loading the simulator, but no answer at all. Is for this reason I asked here.

The Forum is here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376265

Anyway, thanks for your response. I hope we will enjoy soon this great utility with P3D!

Cheers!

And again, excuse my poor english...

campospinto

Postby campospinto » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Quote:

Quote from Gerardius on April 4, 2013, 06:02

Hi gents,

I got SweetFX 1.4 hoping it would work with Prepar3d 1.4 (prior versions didn't work), and I can't get it working. P3D simply hangs when loading. The SweetFX's log.log file contains this:

redirecting CreateDevice

redirecting CreateDevice

Any idea? It works like a charm in FSX, getting stunning graphics, with zero fps drop.

Gerard.

Hi Gerard

I, and surely many users of P3D share this same problem.

What I noticed is that the mere presence of D3D9.dll in the root folder of P3D is already enough to cause the locking P3D.

I believe that when the development team P3D is busy with version 2.0, which surely will have a great quality of graphs with the same performance achieved in the old FSX together with SweetFX.

If it is convenient for P3D, the solution will be found for compatibility with SweetFX.

João Alfredo

Gerardius

Postby Gerardius » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Quote:

Quote from campospinto on June 9, 2013, 15:32

Quote:

Quote from Gerardius on April 4, 2013, 06:02

Hi gents,

redirecting CreateDevice

redirecting CreateDevice

Gerard.

Hi Gerard

I, and surely many users of P3D share this same problem.

What I noticed is that the mere presence of D3D9.dll in the root folder of P3D is already enough to cause the locking P3D.

I believe that when the development team P3D is busy with version 2.0, which surely will have a great quality of graphs with the same performance achieved in the old FSX together with SweetFX.

If it is convenient for P3D, the solution will be found for compatibility with SweetFX.

João Alfredo

Hi João Alfredo,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with D3D9.DLL, and for your answer. Waiting too for the version 2.0

Cheers!

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey I followed this guide to set up ENB with SweetFX for FSX on my Prepar3D 1.4

http://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/1h1utm/how_to_make_fsx_look_amazing_part_2/

Gerardius

Postby Gerardius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks for your answer, Orswell. I'll give a try.

Cheers

Return to “Other Support Questions”