[ANSWERED] No sound

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
theophile

Postby theophile » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am

Hey guys,

I removed accidentally my access rights to my C disk,so I had to return my computer to the dealer to have this fixed.After repair,everything worked again,including

Prepare3d,but all sounds were gone.What is strange is that some addon programs (like one that adds cabin sounds) do work.All other sound related programs on my PC

work (rise of flight,youtube videos...).Does anyone have a clue how to fix this.In an attempt to fix this I installed the VLC media player instead of the windows

media player,but to no avail.So,any suggestions will be happily received!

aeronauta

Postby aeronauta » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Try deleting (after backup!!) your Prepar3d.cfg (P3D will create a new one) and restart P3D ,see if that helps.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

WBard

Postby WBard » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Howdy, let us know if what Jorge recommended works, that's a great first suggestion.

philharmonik

Postby philharmonik » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I was having issues with my engine sounds not working. I could hear the cockpit sounds but engines were totally silent. I backed up the P3d config file, then deleted it. Went back in and all my sounds were working again! Thanks!

Penzoil3

Postby Penzoil3 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Worked for me too ! Some planes had engines, others didn't suddenly. All better now.

Thanks

Sue

Return to “Other Support Questions”