P3D/FSX dual installation.

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

G'day all. I have installed P3D on a VRaptor and have FSX installed on a Vertex-3. I have a lot of Orbx scenery plus Plan-G, Saitek Pro Flight and a registered copy of FSIPC4.8. I seem to be getting some conflicts with Saitek and Plan-G.

May we have a dual installation forum please where we can share expert information and get tips from those you have solved problems?

Thanks you and Cheers, Mac

PS: how do I create a signature file in this forum please. :)

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

1. Signature: Select Edit your forum options...you just did...

2. Addon Scenery: if you have already addon scenry in ..\FSX: just go in P3D to -World-Scenery Library-Add Area and browse to the addon folder in fsx, select the scenery of your choise; ok

3: ORBX: Re-install in P3D completely to prevent any errors.

4. ? What conflict do you experience with Saitek and Plan-G
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

G'day Jan, thanks you for your response.

1. OK done.

2. OK done

3. There is an excellent tool available at Orbx called the Migrator Tool which ports the scenery over and adds a Control Panel.

4. Saitek has me confused. I am currently trying SPAD to see if I can get the Saitek Panels working correctly in both FS. Plan-G simply crashes when I have both FS installed.

Arismac

Post by Arismac »

It seems the really big MUST DO in a dual installation is to make a full partition backup of the FSX hard drive in peak condition, BEFORE making any attempt to install P3D plus addons, such as REX -E, Orbx, Plan-G, Saitek, SimObjects, etc. I have had to restore twice so far so that I could get back on the right track. Much less stressful on this "senior citizen" LOL

I am still not managing to solve the Plan-G problem. Have posted an update with logs HERE. Assistance much appreciated.
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Hello John,

SPAD information can be found in the manual and some hands-ons here:http://janvaane.org/virtualfsx/?cat=28

Regards
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Thanks Jan. Went over to SPAD and they had me sorted in a few minutes. Mapped FSUIPC, all working. Now I have just got to solve the SLEW mode problem and I am just about good to go in dual mode. Just some custom scenery and SimObjects and I am going to feel well at home with P3D. Write up my "blog" on my web site and get flying.