FSX support for Prepar3D

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
signmanbob

Postby signmanbob » Mon May 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Paavo, you guys are performing wonderful support for the FSX to P3D Migrator. I've already used it to install my Carenado KingAir C90B and I will be using it to install my EZCA, with the new update, and then hopefully I can get TrackIR to work also. That will be awesome. I'll let you know how things go.

torkermax

Postby torkermax » Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Quote:

Quote from akstirling on May 4, 2012, 11:08

Hi ...

Paavo ...

like the look of this and am keeping my fingers crossed it will do the trick with RXP's gns530 which i miss a lot in P3D. Just one small side issue. I'm one of the people who followed advice to use the Flight1 Registry Tool to assist with using FSX installers ... can I use your tool with my system as is or should I remove the Registry entry it created(if yes, advice as to how to do that would be appreciated as I tend to steer clear of the Registry for obvious reasons) ...

Alan

Unfortunatly , it looks like it isnt going to install! 3 dll's it doesnt like.

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey Guys,

Just a word of caution that you should always check with the add-on provider to ensure that the license terms are agreeable with the transfer of FSX addons to Prepar3D.

Regards,

John

torkermax

Postby torkermax » Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Quote:

Quote from John Nicol on May 8, 2012, 16:26

Hey Guys,

Just a word of caution that you should always check with the add-on provider to ensure that the license terms are agreeable with the transfer of FSX addons to Prepar3D.

Regards,

John

Without getting into a @### debate. The EULA agreements I have read says the software can be installed on my computer and not other computers. Doesnt say what FOLDER nor program it has to be installed to!

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed May 09, 2012 7:56 am

Hi,

My statement is pretty clear, there are license agreements that are explicit, some that aren't. If the license agreement for the specific addon is OK, then great, however others that I am aware of are built specifically for FSX entertainment purposes. Always check first. End of story, no further discussion or debate necessary, the comment stands on its own.

We must always be respectful of the developer that put their time, effort and money into creating the addon for people to use. Thank you.

John

Paavo

Postby Paavo » Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 am

Of course, it is very important that the licensing terms installers present are always read (especially in commercial environment) and not just skipped over with clicking "I agree" within blink of an eye. Some EULAs may go as far as reserving publishers the right to spy on you or even hold you liable if you criticised the product in public, see https://www.eff.org/wp/dangerous-terms-users-guide-eulas Not to mention that you may even find a prize at the bottom of the EULA: http://yro.slashdot.org/story/05/02/23/2315211/man-finds-1000-prize-in-eula

In some countries, many EULA requirements may not apply. Contact your local authorities for your location-specific advice. But I would like to point out that the vast majority of addons are freeware and usually have no use restrictions attached at all, including my own sceneries. A good reason to start exploring the freeware scene!

Now, on RealityXP GNS WAAS. We tested it extensively and when we finally got it to install and run with Prepar3D, it crashed Prepar3D on startup. It may be trying to hook itself to simulator's files that have changed since FSX. In that case, there is nothing we can do.

On the other hand, EZCA is working (has minor issues as of version 1.2) and it will be fully supported in 1.3, and you will be able to use TrackIR with it too.

akstirling

Postby akstirling » Wed May 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Paavo ...

thanks for the effort to get RXP gns running. Had it worked i would have thought Xmas had come early this year. Currently putting the finishing touches to a new desktop PC that'll finally banish the performance issues I have ... when that fires up we have early Xmas present 1. Had RXP gns worked that would have been present 2. Present 3 would have been the bonus of the fact of an update having been issued for that software. And of course behind all this lies present 4 ... LM having taken FSX by the scruff of the neck and invited us all to join them on the journey to unleash its true potential. Never mind perhaps some kind soul at RXP might don the red suit, the big belly, the fake beard, mutter a jolly Yo-ho-ho and make us a present of a pukka update. Time'll tell!

Alan

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Wed May 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Ultimately P3D is not FSX, if something works in both then all well and good provided that it does not breach any agreement or copyright. As P3D evolves it will inevitably become less and less FSX friendly. This expectation by some that it should be 100% compatable is unrealistic.

Paavo

Postby Paavo » Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 pm

100% compatibility is indeed unrealistic, but as long as addons follow best practices in coding, they will work in several generations of the simulator. Well done FS2000 sceneries still work in FSX, just like many FS2002 (released in 2001!) sceneries work without any issues in Prepar3D.

There are three types of issues preventing from using an addon with Prepar3D:

1. Installer issues. Installers may not let you extract any files if FSX is not detected based on version information stored on your computer, despite that the addon would work without issues.

2. Relocated files. Some crucial files have changed their location, for example, application data and program data is not held anymore where they were held in FSX. Installers won't be able to add sceneries to Scenery Library, etc.

3. Hacks. Many custom modules try to call simulator's functions directly instead of communicating with the simulator through SimConnect.

With my tool, 1. and 2. no longer apply as we patch your computer to trick installers into finding Prepar3D files, registry entries, etc. in FSX locations. There's no way to solve no 3. since that would require Prepar3D to be identical to FSX, which clearly isn't the case.

macfly

Postby macfly » Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 am

It's possible to buy the utility of other sales channels? Simmarket not accept credit cards unlike some other online retailers such as FlightSim Store. I'm not the only person to have had similar problems on Simmarket.

Regards

Paavo

Postby Paavo » Thu May 10, 2012 6:24 am

It is not possible to buy it through other channels at the moment. SimMarket has several other payment options, if SimMarket's strict credit card policy causes you problems.

Version 1.3 is now available, see annoucement:

http://www.flightsim.ee/news/2012/fsx-to-prepar3d-migration-tool-version-1-3-now-available

As of 1.3, it has pretty good support of TrackIR (run through EZdok Camera Addon).

macfly

Postby macfly » Thu May 10, 2012 9:01 am

If Simmarket not accept a prepaid credit card that is accepted quietly on all other online sales channels, I think they should reconsider their policy of selling.

thanks

i8aaq

Postby i8aaq » Fri May 11, 2012 11:36 am

sorry for my English!

short buy this fantastic tool, but I want to understand something:

I have already installed FSX and also P3D and course in FSX are already installed all the addons that I bought.

Now if I want to install this addon with this tool in P3D as if I have to install them again (with its installer), but first I have to run the tool, and addresses all the files in the correct folders for P3D?

is that correct?

thanks

i8aaq

Postby i8aaq » Sat May 12, 2012 11:15 am

so, I bought this great tool and I understand how it works, but I tried only with airplanes (eg. Carenado).

The question I ask now is how can I do with REX:

Now Rex is obviously installed for FSX, I have to install it again to P3D? or or I can launch the tool and change the settings in the existing REX to P3D? eg. the location of the cfg, folder, etc?

thank you for answer... ;)

Paavo

Postby Paavo » Mon May 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Quote:

Quote from i8aaq on May 11, 2012, 11:36

Now if I want to install this addon with this tool in P3D as if I have to install them again (with its installer), but first I have to run the tool, and addresses all the files in the correct folders for P3D?

is that correct?

Yes, it is. You create virtual folder and then install everything again.

Quote:

Quote from i8aaq on May 12, 2012, 11:15

Now Rex is obviously installed for FSX, I have to install it again to P3D?

Yes, install it once again.

Return to “Other Support Questions”