[RESOLVED] Natural Point - Track-IR

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
N4GIX

Postby N4GIX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:08 pm

It'sTrackIR's responsibility to get their product to work with Prepar3D, not the other way around... :)
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations

simmerhead

Postby simmerhead » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 am

Quote:

Quote from N4GIX on September 29, 2011, 13:08

It'sTrackIR's responsibility to get their product to work with Prepar3D, not the other way around... :)

It sure is, but I wouldn't buy a car without tires (even though tires aren't the car manuacturers responsibility).

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Simmerhead,

I am sure you are frustrated, but we have very little control over third-party hardware and software. The majority of our customers do not actually use TrackIR, so we are only getting complaints by a few. I actually do use TrackIR and find it useful myself, but it certainly isn't a pre-requisite to use Prepar3D, let alone a device that Prepar3D cannot run without as your analogy may suggest. We will continue to work with NaturalPoint if they wish us to and will collaborate on a solution if we can.

Regards,

John

simmerhead

Postby simmerhead » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:40 pm

Sorry John. I did in no way mean to sound overly frustrated and suggest that P3D can't be used without TrackIR. But with a single monitor setup I can't as of now use P3D even though I can't wait to get onboard with you folks! So think of my frustration more like a kid waiting to unwrap his presents on Christmas morning...

Mango

Postby Mango » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 am

Well, it does work together with EZCA - so there is a way.

Just an idea, let them link to mouse-look maybe ? You just have to remove the cross-hairs and provide a switch.

beatle

Postby beatle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 pm

We have found an issue with SimConnect addons that create menu items causing a crash on exit (well, actually its the menu handling code causing the crash, not the addon :-> ), which is probably what you are seeing with EZCA (shutdown order changed a little and a subsystem went away earlier than it used to) - guess I need to make sure some of my test SimConnect clients add one or more menu items for future regression testing.

This is also what causes the crash on exit when using FSUIPC.

Tim

derxtreme

Postby derxtreme » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 am

got an answer from Natural Point

Hello -

Unfortunately at this moment Prepar3d is not supported in TrackIR. As soon as Lockheed gets back to us with an appropriate fix, a game update will be pushed out to all users via the update check when the TrackIR software is started.

Michael Board

Technical Support Manager

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 am

Yes, unfortunate. There is no "fix" at our end. Third-party vendors are encouraged to use the SDK and SimConnect API in order to communicate with Prepar3D and this is not occurring in this case. We will keep an eye on it and see what we can do.

signmanbob

Postby signmanbob » Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Has anyone tried the new FSX to Prepar3D Migrator tool to install EZCA, thus being able to use TrackIR without having to rename the .cfg file?

I'm going to try this and I'll post the results.

WBard

Postby WBard » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 pm

As an update - TrackIR has an updated beta of their new SW release that supports Prepar3D. Be sure to thank NaturalPoint for their Prepar3D support, we are very excited that TrackIR now supports Prepar3D:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=53140#Post53140

Return to “Other Support Questions”