[RESOLVED] Natural Point - Track-IR

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
muxmuni

Postby muxmuni » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:26 am

I am a new user of Prepar3D. I notice that Trackir does not function. In the software of TrackIR, Prepar3D is present. It would be said that there is a problem with simconnect. Perhaps can somebody help me?

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi,

It does seem to work for me, I don't quite understand your post, are you getting a SimConnect error message? (I have a TrackIR system and I have tested their latest software.) I suggest that you go to the support section on their website. http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Let me know how it goes.

John

muxmuni

Postby muxmuni » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am

I read that for the same problem with FSX, it is necessary to erase simconnect.dll in the repertory winxs of Windows.

Then FSX should be installed again. Unfortunately I have all to test anything does not function.

I hope to have an quickly answer from Natural Point.

Mr John Nicol which operating system you use ?

There is perhaps the solutions

Thanks for your answer.

Alex

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 am

Hi Alex,

NaturalPoint have kindly sent me a link to their beta software package that supports Prepar3D.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/ftp/npupload/share/public_builds/TrackIR_5.1-beta-9080-prepar3d.exe

This is an unsupported beta, however it should get your TrackIR up and running with Prepar3D. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

John

Neal

Postby Neal » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:39 pm

I have used the new beta software and cannot get trackir5 to work with prepar3d. There are no error messages, the trackir program and prepar3d don't seem to communicate.

TrackIR works perfectly with other games, and I've tried reformating, reinstalling, trying it on different computers, but in every situation I can't seem to get it to work on a fresh install. Do I need to do any manual editing or settings adjustments to get the two to communicate?

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Neal,

Suggest that you ask the question at the NaturalPoint support forum to get the answer.

Regards,

John

ftl818

Postby ftl818 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi John,

I installed the program just days ago but was very disappointed to see that TrackIR does not detect Prepar3D. I'm using the latest drivers and software which work perfectly with FSX and FS9. Also the 5.1 beta driver had no effect.

A friend also installed the program with the same effect. Common factor is Windows7, 64 bit, could this cause any problems? (UAC is fully disabled, of course installing as admin!)

I already posted a question at the TrackIR forum, but no reply.

Could you privide me with any relevant files like specific simconnect.xml, *.cfg and where to copy them?

Unfortunately without TrackIR Prepar3D has absolutely no additional value to me compared to FSXand will be uninstalled shortly.

Please some help...

Regards,

Paul

Q6600@2.4GHZ, 4GB RAM, GTX460, Windows7 home premium 64 bit, TrackIR4, software 5.1.300

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Paul,

TrackIR is manufactured by a third-party and we aren't responsible for their drivers so unfortunately I can't do much at our end technically, however I will try to make contact with them. The fact that it works for FSX and FS9 is not necessarily relevant in this case as I understand that TrackIR looks for the specific window or GUID for those applications. If it doesn't find the application that it supports then it doesn't work, so NaturalPoint have to provide a fix within their application, not P3D. I have a TrackIR system myself and love it, so hopefully we can both get up and running.

I would also suggest posting on their support forum again to bring it up while we wait for a response through my channel. I know myself that there are times that I miss some posts here and have to go back occassionally to catch up, so it may have just fallen through the cracks.

Regards,

John

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Paul,

I made contact with NaturalPoint and they will be having a look at it and it looks like they will update their app to support it. I will post more info as I get it from them on a potential release.

Regards,

John

ftl818

Postby ftl818 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi John,

Thanks you for your involvement. I also, again sent a mail to NaturalPoint support.

I'm still do not understand how the Prepar3D GUID can be different between seperate PCs. Could it be the screen resolution?

I really must have the TrackIR operational as I want to have the same awareness as when I'm flying real world.

Regards,

Paul

ftl818

Postby ftl818 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 am

Hi John,

Just got a reply from TRackir:

"Hello -

It appears that Lockheed made adjustments very recently to Prepar3d that broke connectivity to the TrackIR. We have today received their new SDK and are working to restore connectivity. There is no current ETA on this, however.

Michael Board

Technical Support Manager"

If this is true the change (fault?) is with Prepar3, not with NaturalPoint. I suppose further changes will be made, would it be wise to find a constant factor in the simulator together with NaturalPoint to avoid further issues in the future?

Regards,

Paul

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your comments. The reason we have the developer network is to allow companies and individuals to develop solutions with Prepar3D. That includes third-party vendors. There are literally thousands of add-ons both hardware and software that are compatible with Prepar3D due to the shared code base with FSX and ESP. Unfortunately many are not members of the developer network yet, which means that we need to reach out to them individually to let them know about Prepar3D and the developer network.

As you might appreciate we cannot possibly integrate support for all of these inside of Prepar3D and maintain them when those vendors change and update their applications and drivers. We would need a team dedicated specially to maintaining that code-base and testing each piece of hardware and software for each release. We really have to rely upon these third parties to keep up to date.

Of course it also means that we need to do a better job of letting people know well in advance that changes are coming if they affect them! ;) (I made that mistake with FSUIPC as well and thanks to Pete Dowson for catching that for me.) NaturalPoint are a special case however because they don't just rely on SimConnect, they also hook into the window name. If this changes, then the application cannot find Prepar3D. I will ensure that they are kept in the loop along with other companies that are doing non-standard things, of updates as they come. I will also put the integration of the NaturalPoint SDK as a discussion point for the development team to have a look at, but realities outlined above may dictate the outcome.

I will continue to work with the development team to provide as much advanced warning as possible of updates to the community as I can and continue to work up a list of non-developer network companies that we need to reach out to. Any assistance that the existing developer network members could give in letting companies know of Prepar3D would be greatly appreciated as well! It all helps and there is much work to be done!

Regards,

John

Mango

Postby Mango » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:11 am

News from NP...

Quote:

At the moment, there is extra developmental support required to implement TrackIR in Prepar3D that both Lockheed Martin and NaturalPoint aren't able to tackle. I'm not sure when this status will change. It's unfortunate, but it's a byproduct of the Simconnect interface method that the FSX team employed, which was a brittle pathway that is inhibiting integration now that the code base has transitioned to Prepar3D.

And regarding a replacement for FSX--we are eagerly awaiting Microsoft Flight.

For a simmer without multi-monitor setup this is very bad news. TrackIR is an essential part of a great experience. We got it working together with EZCA - but it is necessary to rename the P3D.exe to FSX.exe (and this will provoke a crash when you exit P3D).

simmerhead

Postby simmerhead » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 am

That is disturbing news indeed. TrackIR is an absolutley essential piece of hardware. There is no way to have a realistic flight simualtor expereience without it...

jpmes

Postby jpmes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:56 am

I agree, Track-Ir is essential. I hope you guys will find a way to make it work.

Jean-Paul

Return to “Other Support Questions”