Australia time zone problem.

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Abdul123

Australia time zone problem.

Post by Abdul123 »

Excuse me. I’ve notice p3dv5.1 has a problem with the time zone at Australia when you make flights from other countries or long hauls. Other countries times work fine except Australia especially daylight savings.
mpni

Re: Australia time zone problem.

Post by mpni »

Hi Abdul123
It seems it is the same issue as France. In winter local time is UTC+1 and in summer local time is UTC+2.
P3D is always UTC+1. But perhaps we will be always UTC+1 (or UTC+2) winter and summer in few years.
Regards
Michel
freddy_

Re: Australia time zone problem.

Post by freddy_ »

I have P3D v4.5 with HF3. I use a program called "FS Real Time".

Link ... http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/

Unfortunately, I have read that this program may not work with P3D v5. But, similarly, I have also read that it has been fixed to work with v5. Therefore, if you are interested in this program, I would suggest doing some research to confirm this one way or the other.

Here are some details from the FS Real Time web page (it has plenty more features than what I have copied and pasted here, as you will see on their web page ... including working with Daylight Savings times) ...

======================================

"FS Real Time" is designed to keep Microsoft® Flight Simulators UTC (Zulu/GMT) time and date in sync with the Real World. You can have it maintain either the current Real Time, or an offset (+/-) so you can fly at any variation of time from the Real Time.

FS Problem Solved:

A known problem in all Microsoft Flight Simulators is that the time keeps falling behind the Real World time. Also, when crossing Time Zones, the Microsoft Flight Simulators all change its UTC time instead of its Local Time, which can cause problems. The same thing happened when crossing the International Date Line but even worse -- by a whole day! For example, if you were flying East at dusk, when crossing a Time Zone, all of a sudden you would find yourself flying in broad daylight again.

This program will monitor your aircraft's current UTC offset within Microsoft Flight Simulator and preemptively adjust the game's UTC to the correct (offset adjusted) time, as you cross each Time Zone.

Accurate World Time Zones:

Did you ever notice that the time in Flight Simulator didn't quite seem to be accurate no matter what you did? For example: if you adjusted the UTC time, the local time would be off or vice versa. Well, now the time can be accurate with the addition of these updated time zone files. Now, flying over India, viewing Mt Everest in Nepal, or taking a quick jaunt around Europe yields the correct time zone -- where ever you are. Furthermore, the files correct the Daylight Saving Time for areas that observe it. The entire world is covered by these files except for areas where Microsoft's time zone file is already correct. These files expand upon the original work of Dennis Thompson who is the author of the original files and whose hard work has allowed for a more realistic flight simulator experience.

======================================