I'm on the edge with P3Dv5.1

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
enzoaugusto

I'm on the edge with P3Dv5.1

Post by enzoaugusto »

Good afternoon everyone, I am very old in flight simulators, since the first FS (it was not from Microsoft), I was following the evolution in the Flight Simulator line up to X Steam, then I migrated to P3Dv3, today I am in P3Dv5.1 and very dissatisfied, many problems without solution, Lockheed is leaving a lot to be desired, I see version 5 as an improved version 4 only, for me it would be version 4.6, I don't know if it was in a hurry to launch due to the new MSFS and ended up launching a simulator full of problems like I didn't see in the other versions.
Among the unresolved bugs are DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, especially when exiting VR mode, like closing the simulator without explanation, sometimes you are flying for hours, P3D closes out of nowhere, nor does the error event viewer appear in Windows.
When I buy the product I want to use it like everyone without problems, I know that a new version always brings bugs, but the support has to be effective, I don't want to spend hours on the web looking for an “unofficial” way of trying to solve it, first because it is Lockheed's obligation to resolve since we paid for the product, as these 2 problems above cannot be solved anywhere.
I formatted my machine, installed everything new, operating system (Windows 10 v20H2 updated), drivers, software, everything updated and clean, installed P3Dv5.1 and some ADD's (ORBX, GSX, ASCA and Chicago Airport KORD v2 from FsDreamtean ), just to fly without problems, but no, today for example I was flown 2 hours ago when I'm approaching the simulator closes, flying on P3Dv5.1 you have to light a candle and pray not to crash, I bought the Oculus Rift S and not I can use it because if I use it when I leave VR mode, the message DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG comes, so the more I struggle to stay in P3D the more I want to go to the new MSFS instead.
Enzo Augusto
Martyson

Re: I'm on the edge with P3Dv5.1

Post by Martyson »

@ enzoaugusto ,

With your P3Dv5 purchase did you have problems when you first installed it before purchasing and installing Add-ons?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Enzo,

It is not - repeat not - L-M's problem to solve your issues with your add-ons (ORBX, GSX, ASCA and Chicago Airport KORD v2 from FsDreamtean ).

VR is a different story, but VR places very high demands on your graphics card, and therefore indirectly your VRAM. Both VR and the VRAM management is being worked upon, according to statements by L-M in these forums.

But you still have to have a reliably operating, stable P3D, on a powerful computer with a graphics card that has a lot of VRAM, before you start thinking of running VR.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
enzoaugusto

Post by enzoaugusto »

Martyson wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:43 pm @ enzoaugusto ,

With your P3Dv5 purchase did you have problems when you first installed it before purchasing and installing Add-ons?
Thanks for your attention, friend, I didn't test without ORBX products, because in version 4 I never had this kind of problem.
Enzo Augusto
enzoaugusto

Post by enzoaugusto »

JorgenSA wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:48 pm Enzo,

It is not - repeat not - L-M's problem to solve your issues with your add-ons (ORBX, GSX, ASCA and Chicago Airport KORD v2 from FsDreamtean ).

VR is a different story, but VR places very high demands on your graphics card, and therefore indirectly your VRAM. Both VR and the VRAM management is being worked upon, according to statements by L-M in these forums.

But you still have to have a reliably operating, stable P3D, on a powerful computer with a graphics card that has a lot of VRAM, before you start thinking of running VR.

Jorgen
Thanks for the reply friend, I have been flying in VR (taxi, landing and takeoff) since November 2019 when I bought the Oculus Rift S, in version 4, I know that VR needs more of the graphics card, so much so that when I run VR in Single mode or Single Pass (each eye with a view to give the depth of 3d) the FPS drops a lot, in mono VR mode (both seen with the same image) the losses are much smaller, in version 5 I put it in VR mode normally, when I go out lock with the message (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG), I realized that it peaks when I leave VR, the fps seem to go up a lot, more than normal and freeze, I already abandoned my Oculus Rift S in P3D for this reason.
I understand that there are several factors, LM as I said is working on it, but so far nothing has been resolved, I know that DirectX 12 has a longer horizon and without the limitation of 11 which gave a certain stability but less performance, but I think LM is very absent in the supports, for example this one of closing alone without explanation bothers me even more, I don't like to compare companies but it is inevitable to speak, Microsoft the support is super fast, look it has several software.
Here is my configuration:

My Hardware:

- Power: Cosair CX750 Bronze
- Motherboard: ROG Asus Maximus X Formula
- RAM Memory: Kingston Hyper X Predator 32GB 3,200Mhz
- Processor: Intel 8th generation I7-8086K 4.00 GHz / 5.00 GHz
- Fan Cooler: Cool Master Hyper 212X
- Graphics Card: Asus ROG Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8gb Strix Gaming Advanced OC
- SSD 1: Kingston 240gb (Master "C:")
- SSD 2: Kingston 480gb (Only Prepar3D and Add´s "D:")
- Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB ("E:" Backups)
- Monitor: Philips 272G, 27 "/ 144Hz / 1ms Full HD with technology GSYNC (Nvidia)", Full HD, 144Hz, 1ms
- Headset: CoolerMaster Hyper X Cloud II

My Cockpit:

- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System
- Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
- Virtual Avionics MCP737-R (Mode Control Panel)
- Oculus Rift S
Enzo Augusto
IBOMiles

Post by IBOMiles »

There is a definite problem exiting VR Mode in P3Dv5.1.

I recently upgraded to v5.1 and WHAM!! problem exiting VR Mode. I get the Black Screen of Death and the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error msg. This needs to be addressed by LM because VR in v4.5 worked great. Unfortunately v5.1 does not and the fidelity of the aircraft makes no difference.

If others have the same issue please chime in. . .

My rig:
I9-10850K, Base Board ASUSTeK Prime Z490-V Ram 32gb
NVIDA GeForce RTX 3080
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error is well known, and according to L-M it is being worked upon.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
IBOMiles

Post by IBOMiles »

Thanks Jorgen,

In the meantime I managed to stumble on a temporary fix by trial and error,

In Win 10 Home Edition:
1. Right Clicked on the desktop to select "Display Settings"
2. Scrolled down to the bottom to select "Advanced Display Settings"
3. Selected a Refresh Rate of 50.000 Hz
4. Launched P3dv5 and selected "Options"
5. In the Applications Dialogue I selected "Display"
6. In Display I matched my:
a. GPU Card's Native Resolution (Mine is 3840 x 2160 x 32), and
b. target Frame Rate to the Selected Refresh rate shown in 3. above.

Now I can toggle in and out of VR with no problem.

Now. . . . why 50.000 Hz? Well, I'm having overheating issues with my RTX 3880 with High Fidelity Aircraft. I was running at 60.000Hz with Unlimited Target Frame rate in P3Dv5 which caused overheating. So I'm giving these new settings 50Hz/50 T F R a try. Looks promising so far. I may go down to 30Hz/30 T F R if necessary.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Well, I could not have come up with that one... I don't know a thing about VR except it's available!

Happy flying -

Jorgen

sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

JorgenSA wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:33 am The DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error is well known, and according to L-M it is being worked upon.

Jorgen
It would just be nice to hear from LM on this period! I have since uninstalled V5.1HF1 and purchased V4.5HF3.

I posted many issues within past 6 months heard from nobody except Jorgen and Marty.

How sad is that!

Device Hung in V5.1HF1 is not because of my CPU, Ram, GPU or anything else on my system. Period!

Ray