Scenery Library 'Enable' greyed out

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
freded

Scenery Library 'Enable' greyed out

Postby freded » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:25 am

Hello,

Why is it that Lockheed Martin in their infinite wisdom (?!) decided to muck about with the Scenery Library?

Until the release of v.4.0, it was possible to use Scenery.cfg to add, alter and delete scenery items as necessary, which I found extremely useful. You could also edit, delete and move these items directly from the Scenery Library.

But no longer!

Editing Scenery.cfg in v.4 and above cause P3D to produce an error message on re-running the program that says it cannot find Scenery.cfg. And also in V.4 and above most, but not all, of the 'Scenery Areas' in the Scenery Library are greyed out and cannot be edited, deleted or even moved.

So my main question is: How can I delete an item of scenery from the Scenery Library?

If anyone can give me an answer to this, I shall be very grateful.
Regards,
Mark

aeronauta

Re: Scenery Library 'Enable' greyed out

Postby aeronauta » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:58 am

Some of the default scenery cannot be removed , they are required for P3D to function.
Other are greyed out as they were installed with the add-on.xml method., these can be removed and reinserted by using the MENU>OPTIONS>Add-ons option

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

freded

Postby freded » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks, Jorge! I was completely baffled.

And how do you use the .xml method to add scenery?
Regards,
Mark

Kaiii3

Postby Kaiii3 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:39 pm

sceneries in the XML files will be added on startup to the "virtual" scenery library, no more work needed

Return to “Other Support Questions”