"No Shader HLSL Directory Found" after Installing Captain Sim 767-300 Liveries

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Isles

"No Shader HLSL Directory Found" after Installing Captain Sim 767-300 Liveries

Postby Isles » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:20 am

This is very odd. I have been using P3dv4.5 for quite some time with no issues. I recently installed the Captain Sim 767 II base model. I tested it in the sim and everything was working fine. Then I used the "ACE" configuration that comes with the plane in order to download and install liveries. (The simulator was closed). After closing "ACE" I started the simulator up. At first the splash screen/UI opened but the section where it shows the F22 wasn't showing the model (the model wasn't visible just a dark square). I pressed the change aircraft button, it opened up the aircraft selection window, but none of the planes were visible. I selected the F22 even though I couldn't see it because its information was visible in the adjacent screen. I then proceeded to load a scenario. The sim loaded but I couldn't see anything - the screen was black, but I could hear the aircraft and the sim running.
I then closed the simulator and restarted. Upon trying to open the sim I got the error message "No Shader HLSL directory found." I tried again several times, and got the same message. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the prepar3dv4.5 client. I shutdown and restarted my computer. I was able to get back to the splash screen again, but again without the aircraft displaying. I shutdown the sim again and restarted it. Upon restarting I got the same "No Shader HLSL directory found" message and keep getting the same message.
I find this very odd because this issue wasn't happening with a new installation, but after the sim had been functioning normally for quite some time. The only variable is when I tried to install the 767 liveries, but I don't know why this would impact the sim this way. I've never had this issue before. I reviewed the other messages on this forum dealing with a similar issue, but that issue was from 2016. Please help!!

Isles

CPU - i7-7700K, 4.2GHZ
GPU - GTX 1070
VRAM - 8GB
RAM - 32GB

georgiosgiannoukos

Re: "No Shader HLSL Directory Found" after Installing Captain Sim 767-300 Liveries

Postby georgiosgiannoukos » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:52 am

Same with me here this morning. While the sim was normally loaded. had a notice that EZDok had a new update. I closed the sim
installed the update BUT while started the sim a warning came up No shadersHLSL directory found.

scandinavianaviator

Re: "No Shader HLSL Directory Found" after Installing Captain Sim 767-300 Liveries

Postby scandinavianaviator » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:41 am

Super odd, i have the exact same issue as you. My folder just keeps deleting itself on startup. also my settings reset itself.
It's super weird.

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 am

After seeing these reports about the HLSL shaders folder suddenly gone, I decided to check this also on my system.

I upgraded to the latest nVidia driver on the 24th, and did not see any issue with the upgrade or after that.

So this morning (local time) I flew both v. 4.5 HF3 and v. 5 HF2 without seeing any errors at all.

Also, the number of reports we have in these forums of this issue is below a dozen.

The conclusion therefore is this:

1. This is not an nVidia driver or driver update issue.

2. This is not a P3D issue.

Why is that? Because, if it was e genuine nVidia or P3D issue, it would affect everyone and we would see hundreds of reports, including from your truly.

I am fully aware that I might be starting a flame war here, but facts are facts, no matter how uncomfortable they are.

And don't even for a moment think that I am laughing my butt off writing this....

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Isles

Postby Isles » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks for your response but I'm not certain that your conclusions are the only way of thinking about this issue. It goes without saying that installers may impact different components of the sim. Also the Captain Sim 767-300 just came out relatively recently so I'm not sure you would see a huge number of issues on this board just yet. Also I didn't necessarily think it was an issue with the the drivers. I'm just hoping someone from LM can help look into this issue and confirm what the issue could be as they should be well positioned to identify issues that could impact the Shader HLSL folder, or the sim's detection of this folder.

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 am

As I left off last night (local time) this had been pinned down to an ORBX component issue, actually.

I don't have any ORBX myself. I will post a link here to other threads soon (early morning here).

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:00 am

Isles,

Post-breakfast, here's a link to a thread discussing this issue and its resolution:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=138713

Please post back here if this resolved your issue, or not.

Jorgen

Isles

Postby Isles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks a lot. I'll check out the thread you sent and report back if this works. Thanks again.

Isles

Postby Isles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:33 pm

I can now report that I think this issue is resolved, at least for me. It was an issue with Immersion Manager from Parallel 42. Updating the Immersion Manager and then reinstalling the P3dv4.5 client, seems to have worked. Thanks again for engaging on this topic. Much appreciated.

Return to “Other Support Questions”