P3DV5 CTD on select vehicle menu

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
naunaub

P3DV5 CTD on select vehicle menu

Postby naunaub » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:50 pm

Good Evening,

After a fresh install of version 5 (absolutely no addons nor any tweaks), I am unfortunately unable to start any flight from the main menu as it comes back to desktop upon pressing "ok". On top of that, the vehicle preview window on that startup menu is blanked grey (as several users reported on others posts).

I could however overcome this problem by changing the "SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW" to 0 on cfg. In this config, the default flight loads correctly and there is no gameplay or visual bugs to be reported. I may even navigate to all the different menus fine except one that brings me back to desktop if I click it : vehicle/select.

So the problem seems focused on the vehicle selection menu and make the game unplayable.

Before any suggestion, I run the game as admin, tried several install with antivirus turned off, deleted p3d.cfg.
I run P3dv4 absolutely fine and never had any problem with it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,

MSI GP75 i7-10875SH RAM 16GB RTX2070 super

naunaub

Re: P3DV5 CTD on select vehicle menu

Postby naunaub » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:19 am

Just a quick update :

After a couple of more test hours, it's definitely the vehicle preview window which is culript on my system. Vehicle display is working well in game. Just anytime the game try to show an aircraft on preview window causes the crash.

Anywone know way to desactivate the preview window ? It is of no use to me and make the game unusable so...

Thanks !

naunaub

Re: P3DV5 CTD on select vehicle menu

Postby naunaub » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:52 pm

Problem solved.

Doesn't seem to passionate people but if it can be of any interest for someon one day !

I have no idea why it worked and it doesn't make any sense for me but anyways:

I created a new acount on windows. Launched P3Dv5 from it. Was working correctly.
Came back to my acount, deleted the other one I created for the occasion. P3D now working correctly from main acount.

Thats it !

Return to “Other Support Questions”