Misplaced Airport - TUPG

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
JPL19

Misplaced Airport - TUPG

Postby JPL19 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:30 pm

The airport TUPG which is listed as Spanish Town / Virgin Gorda North (Seaplane Base) by numerous sources appears mis-placed. It is shows up in P3Dv5 HF1 directly on top of TUPA Airport and is listed as an asphalt runway.

Joe L.

niksan29

Re: Misplaced Airport - TUPG

Postby niksan29 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:55 pm

It is shows up in P3Dv5 HF1 directly on top of TUPA Airport and is listed as an asphalt runway.
I did not notice any problems with this airport...
Cheers!

JPL19

Postby JPL19 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 pm

I did not notice any problems with this airport...
Thanks for your reply - for me to understand you are saying for you in sim TUPG is a waterdrome on the Northeast end of Virgin Gorda? (As in real world) For me it is a paved airport overlaying TUPA airport on the island of Anegada to the north which is totally incorrect.

Again, thx.

Joe

niksan29

Postby niksan29 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:17 am

for me to understand you are saying for you in sim TUPG is a waterdrome on the Northeast end of Virgin Gorda? (As in real world)
There is no TUPG airport in my sim P3Dv5 HF1, take screenshots of the problem with the coordinates and send it to this topic:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=150
Cheers!

JPL19

Postby JPL19 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm

There is no TUPG airport in my sim P3Dv5 HF1, take screenshots of the problem with the coordinates and send it to this topic:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=150
Thank you for the clarity. Having this info I dug around and found it is actually an issue with ORBX NA LC. I did not realize that their LC add-ons did anything with airports, but, sure enough open LC North America does.

I have not added ORBX Vector to v5 at all though I read it was made available today.

Joe

niksan29

Postby niksan29 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 pm

Thank you for the clarity.
No problems 😊
Having this info I dug around and found it is actually an issue with ORBX NA LC. I did not realize that their LC add-ons did anything with airports, but, sure enough open LC North America does.
yes, it’s a well-known fact, airports that are included in ORBX LC by them have a default base from FSX with a corrected elevation, but in P5 airports have newer data, and therefore there is a conflict...

I have not added ORBX Vector to v5 at all though I read it was made available today.
yes they did it ... but in this case they did the right thing and removed the airports included in this package earlier, it had to be done with all in the ORBX LC packs.
Cheers!

Return to “Other Support Questions”