P3Dv5 and P3Dv5 HF1 missing tarmacs and GA parking

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Clutch Cargo

P3Dv5 and P3Dv5 HF1 missing tarmacs and GA parking

Postby Clutch Cargo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:42 pm

I have I noticed that mid-size and smaller airports are missing parking spots and tarmac textures in the latest rendition od Prepar3D. At first I thought it was just me but after several downloads from LM and re-installs. The results are the same.

If you pull up the busiest GA airport in the USA (the world?), Van Nuys airport in Los Angeles, CA KVNY you will see not only there are no GA parking spots but no tarmac for parking spots under all the hangars. You do not even have to load up the airport... simply select Navigation / Go to Airport and with the drop down list you can see there are only runway selection and a fuel depot. Looking at the airport you can see taxiways that go to no where.

Inspecting further at the Afcad using Airport Design Editor one can it is not a missing texture but the parking spots have not been created. Also check out another busy airprot like KSNA, Santa Ana John Wayne airport. Not a single GA parking spot and no tarmacs... just grass.

Wanted to bring this to you attention and you can confirm. Maybe address in the next hotfix( All the best.

nathantw

Re: P3Dv5 and P3Dv5 HF1 missing tarmacs and GA parking

Postby nathantw » Thu May 28, 2020 4:55 pm

KSEA is the exact same.

AnkH

Postby AnkH » Fri May 29, 2020 7:28 am

It is a known issue with v5 and devs are aware. However I never read anything about whether or not this will be addressed in an upcoming hotfix. Personally, I have no understanding why this was changed in comparison to v4.x anyway, there was certainly no need to do this...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home

michel34300

Postby michel34300 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:02 am

I also have this problem with la version 5 + HF1.
I tried the repair mode, but problem : Net framework, VC Redist ...
This version is unusable for me.
the old version V5 (0) worked well.

If anyone has found the solution ...
Thanh you.

Michel34300

Return to “Other Support Questions”