Controlling AI planes

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
TimeLess_Only

Controlling AI planes

Postby TimeLess_Only » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Hello, is there a plugin/addon that makes it so you can control ai planes. If there is please tell me. Really looking for something like that.

Blaunarwal

Re: Controlling AI planes

Postby Blaunarwal » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:34 am

Not actually, AI means, it controlls itself. But there is an effort beeing taken by AIG group https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/ind ... oard=270.0
. There are old programs from FS9 times controlling AI distance on approach etc. I don't know if these tools actually work with P3D. FSUIPC also has some controlling functions to reduce AI. But there's no progam I know, that helps control AI to change an actual flight plan. There is a program to create AI flightplans and there are also programs to spawn AI aircraft somewhere and send it somewhere else.

JorgenSA

Re: Controlling AI planes

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 pm

"AI airplanes" is supposed to mean that the aircraft in question is controlled by artificial intelligence - which they are not. Instead, they are meant to be controlled by a preset flight plan, from which they do not - cannot - deviate.

Such airplanes are not meant to be user-controlled, although it is possible to convert them to user control. Many, however, carry in their readme files a specific warning against converting them, as they may be extremely difficult or impossible to fly by a human pilot.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 graphics w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS-X, Windows 10 Home

Return to “Other Support Questions”