Turbo prop Throttles

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Louis8

Turbo prop Throttles

Postby Louis8 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 pm

When i was running FSX i always noticed that the throttles on any turbo prop was way over sensitive , and from searching they basically say it's a Microsoft issue and not much can be done about it . Now that i'm P3Dv4 and only run the Aerosoft Twin otter Extended and the Real Air turbine Duke it hasn't changed ,and so so sensitive setting throttles . I run Precision Flight controls for throttles. Does any one have any tweaks in the configuration files ? the jets and the general aircraft are all real fine but man these turbo props ,you just barely touch them and they jump up or down ,in the mean time no more turbo props for this guy and don't care what kind of a sale they might have an any of them ----Louis

downscc

Re: Turbo prop Throttles

Postby downscc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by too sensitive. When the throttle control is closed the simulation throttle is closed and when the control is open 100% the simulation throttle is open 100% and the response in between is linear. If not, then you have to calibrate your controller.

This might have more to do with your understanding of turboprops, where one is setting the power based on torque and not speed such as %N1. The turbo engine simulated in P3D (and FSX before it) is a very simplified version of the PT6, and I'm not aware of any problems with it as far as setting condition and torque.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Louis8

Postby Louis8 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Well someone better show me how to calibrate the throttles different then the Turbo's. the general aircraft are fine , the jets are fine . A while back when Real Air was still active i posted about this and they told me it was a Microsoft issue and they could not do any thing about it , but things change a lot as time goes by and i kinda thought now that there would maybe be a fix of some kind .When going into a tight strip where you really have to control your speed in the the Duke turbo or the Aerosoft Twin otter, i really have to move the throttles ever so slightly in order not to over power . Not a big deal i'll just carry on as i always did . One fella said to try setting it in FSUIPC and set the Slope but it didn't seem to help.. thanks any way ----Louis

KJ49

Postby KJ49 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm

When I fly turbo props I use the fuel flow and the condition levers to tame down the engines, it usually works for me. Hope this helps.

Return to “Other Support Questions”