Alternative for waiting for V4.5 fix

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
clive6354
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Alternative for waiting for V4.5 fix

Postby clive6354 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:59 am

Hello

As many users continue to wait for the V4.5 fix, would an alternative to be to do a fresh install of P3D and all add-ons or is the solution more involved, therefore, have to wait until the fix is released?

Clive Alexander

clive6354
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Re: Alternative for waiting for V4.5 fix

Postby clive6354 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am

I think the word "HOTFIX" should be dropped as many weeks have now passed since the problem was acknowledged and what was expected to be a fast solution has not transpired as it appears that the problem is more serious

Reverting to V4.4 is probably the best idea as I do not like using V4.5 on half settings, which if not corrected soon will get people use to using V4.5 with half settings, which will become the norm and pressure from continual messages of dissatisfaction will cease and therefore a fix will be delayed or not corrected until the next major release.

Many add-ons have been optimised for V4.5 and users are still waiting to use V4.5 to its full potential, not half settings

AnkH
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Alternative for waiting for V4.5 fix

Postby AnkH » Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 pm

------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 1TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home


Return to “Other Support Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests