[RESOLVED] Prepared3d No Updated Airports

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
comeup101

[RESOLVED] Prepared3d No Updated Airports

Postby comeup101 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm

I've noticed since I've been flying a lot out of the country within P3d there are a lot of airports that have not been updated. In America I don't find it to be an issue but once you leave its a big problem. Myself and another pilot have been doing tours around the world and we have run into this numerous times. One of the main issues is Airport ICAO's are not being updated. This is a huge problem because if you have third party airplanes all the Navdata will be updated but the airports have not. If you input an old airport into the airplane you will get a message in the FMC indicating no data found. Other issues we have encountered is some airports are not in the location where they are suppose to be and ILS frequencies are not there. Also, is there a way to update the Navdata for the Airports in P3d? I love P3d and I'm not thinking of changing but I really believe this issue should be addressed. Maybe a permanent Topic can be put in place and as we encounter these issues pilots can post the name of the airport and the issue. Example, FAOR is not listed in P3d and which is the new ICAO for FAJS that was changed in1994. When I first came across this problem I thought it was not in P3d at all and later found that the airports name had been changed. This is a major airport where pilots fly, Tambo International is in Johannesburg South Africa.
Other thoughts please and if someone knows a way for the Navdata to be updated please let us know.

Thank you

Martyson

Re: Prepared3d No Updated Airports

Postby Martyson » Sat May 04, 2019 7:52 pm

I've noticed since I've been flying a lot out of the country within P3d there are a lot of airports that have not been updated. In America I don't find it to be an issue but once you leave its a big problem. Myself and another pilot have been doing tours around the world and we have run into this numerous times. One of the main issues is Airport ICAO's are not being updated. This is a huge problem because if you have third party airplanes all the Navdata will be updated but the airports have not. If you input an old airport into the airplane you will get a message in the FMC indicating no data found. Other issues we have encountered is some airports are not in the location where they are suppose to be and ILS frequencies are not there. Also, is there a way to update the Navdata for the Airports in P3d? I love P3d and I'm not thinking of changing but I really believe this issue should be addressed. Maybe a permanent Topic can be put in place and as we encounter these issues pilots can post the name of the airport and the issue. Example, FAOR is not listed in P3d and which is the new ICAO for FAJS that was changed in1994. When I first came across this problem I thought it was not in P3d at all and later found that the airports name had been changed. This is a major airport where pilots fly, Tambo International is in Johannesburg South Africa.
Other thoughts please and if someone knows a way for the Navdata to be updated please let us know.

Thank you
Have a look here and see if it is right for you:
https://www.fsaerodata.com/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

comeup101

Re: Prepared3d No Updated Airports

Postby comeup101 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 am

Thank you, my man

comeup101

Re: Prepared3d No Updated Airports(Resolved)

Postby comeup101 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Program works great, Thank you so much, I've been looking for a tool like this for a long time. Problem resolved

Return to “Other Support Questions”