Gauge/Script Error

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
HankyPanky

Gauge/Script Error

Post by HankyPanky »

After enabling the ContentError flag in Prepar3D.cfg I got a large error report with 100s of errors like the following:
------------------------------------
[error.45]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Visibility Script
Name: RMAI A300-600 ST BGA_F-GSTA
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): "if{1} els{0}
"
------------------------------------

What does this mean? That the converted model has an error, with other words, P3D decompiles the models everytime when starting? And/or how can I fix this? As P3D is somewhat sensitive with errors and tends to crashes I'm working on having a zero bytes ContentErrors.txt

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
Dieter
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Gauge/Script Error

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Dieter,

This indicates an error in the xml script for that aircraft which could prevent that portion of the script from executing. It's best to contact the developer of this add-on to see if they can issue an update to fix the problem. Depending on the exact location of the error it could cause problems with the functionality of certain systems or it may not cause an issue at all.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
HankyPanky

Re: Gauge/Script Error

Post by HankyPanky »

Hi Rob,

that's what I expected. It's an AI aircraft, converted from FS9 to FSX/P3D using ModelConverterX and SDK. It was made under 4.3, I'll try to use the 4.5 SDK compiler.

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

Regards
Dieter

Btw, the ContentError flag is a funny one ;-) every new run gives new results :-D
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM