Loading FlightPlans

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
stro19

Loading FlightPlans

Post by stro19 »

I have Prepar3d V4.5, and every time I want to load a saved flightplan I have to click browse and reload the Prepar3D v4 Files. Otherwise there is nothing listed in the saved flight box.. V4.4, my saved flight plans were already listed.
SaintJoe KIAH
Martyson

Re: Loading FlightPlans

Post by Martyson »

stro19 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:50 pm I have Prepar3d V4.5, and every time I want to load a saved flightplan I have to click browse and reload the Prepar3D v4 Files. Otherwise there is nothing listed in the saved flight box.. V4.4, my saved flight plans were already listed.
I just tested for the first time using P3Dv4.5

When the opening P3Dv4.5 screen appears I select the Flight Planner button then the Load button.

Then, all my previously saved flight plans are listed (screenshot) in the default documents folder.

Note:
I normally delete all my old flights and plans between P3D versions but have not done it yet.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
stro19

Post by stro19 »

Yeah the first time I ran V4.5 it look like that. The next time I ran it it didnt. The directory was only showing
\Prepar3d V4 Files\. Now its crashing to the desk top when I select options.
SaintJoe KIAH
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

stro19 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:25 pm Yeah the first time I ran V4.5 it look like that. The next time I ran it it didnt. The directory was only showing
\Prepar3d V4 Files\. Now its crashing to the desk top when I select options.
Give the debugging steps a try:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Or, maybe uninstall addons and P3D, then a full fresh install.
Best Regards,
rasmalai

Post by rasmalai »

Hi there

I have the same problem like user "stro". Each time i want to load a flightplan stored in the document files i have to "Browse" beause the default user document file path doesnt show....doesnt show anymore after I had to *Delete Generated Files" because of a presumibly NVIDIA CTD......

How can I get the P3D flightplanne show my user documents path again? any xml or cfg file to edit?

Thanks for the help
Alex.

Again: I dont have CTD anymore and after i browse to my user documents file path all the flightplan show and it works properly,
but i jut want to avoid to have to browse each time i want to look for a stored flightplan
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

rasmalai wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:45 pm Hi there

I have the same problem like user "stro". Each time i want to load a flightplan stored in the document files i have to "Browse" beause the default user document file path doesnt show....doesnt show anymore after I had to *Delete Generated Files" because of a presumibly NVIDIA CTD......

How can I get the P3D flightplanne show my user documents path again? any xml or cfg file to edit?

Thanks for the help
Alex.

Again: I dont have CTD anymore and after i browse to my user documents file path all the flightplan show and it works properly,
but i jut want to avoid to have to browse each time i want to look for a stored flightplan
@ rasmalai ,

Start P3d
Load (as if you were loading a flight)
do a screenshot
Best Regards,
rasmalai

Post by rasmalai »

I started a screenshot but on my path user\myname\pictures there is no new screenshot.
Screenshots are there from before the problems.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

rasmalai wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:49 pm I started a screenshot but on my path user\myname\pictures there is no new screenshot.
Screenshots are there from before the problems.
@ rasmalai ,

You cannot take a P3D screenshot using the P3D V key until a P3D flight has started.

You can take a PNG screenshot using your WIN + PrtScr keys and then save the screenshot file.

I use JPG files so the PNG needs a conversion to JPG:
Open the screenshot using the Windows Paint program.
Save the file as a JPG using File Save As and select JPG as the file type.

Add the JPG screenshot to IMGUR (screenshot hosting site) and post it in the forum following this guide:

How to Post Screenshots (by Kayla): https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=122277

Note:
This is just one example of how to do it.
You could search the internet for other solutions.
Best Regards,
rasmalai

Post by rasmalai »

@ Martyson

Thank you for your explanation.
The flight was started and it didnt take the screenshot.
By the way why should I take a screenshot and post it here? Were my explanation no precise of what my problem is?

We can take your screenshot. Where you marked with red i have only " \Prepar3d V4 Files\". Then I have to browse to my documents folder where the flightplans are.
rasmalai

Post by rasmalai »

Well,
somehow i got the right folder path again. Frankly just from itself....strange but well...there it is...

Case closed for me.
Thanks for the tips and hints.
Alex.