Kernelbase.dll crash

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Raven100

Re: Kernelbase.dll crash

Postby Raven100 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Thanks - have been relying on Simstarter NG to rebuild the config through different profiles but I may have misunderstood how that works. Will try deleting it at source and see if that fixes it.

Raven100

Postby Raven100 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Apparent fix in case it works for anyone else... After a process of elimination I think my problem was with Rex Skyforce 3D. Running without it removed the problem and there are posts elsewhere about it causing CTDs between 16 & 19 minutes in, but without any definitive solutions. However, with the release of Rex Environment Force and the fact that it can pull the textures from Skyforce without running it, I decided to take a chance on it as a fix since the rest of the functionality looked good to have anyway. So far it seems to have cured the problem - and has completely transformed the look of my sim as well!

AnkH

Postby AnkH » Wed May 15, 2019 8:58 am

I am now also suffering from kernelbase.dll crashes, reason unknown. Sadly, all those crashes only happend when descending into my destination, ruining a complete flight. Did not yet install the hotfix, maybe this will help. I disabled the meteo.dll from Carenado, anyway never use it. Might also check my W10 installation for errors and re-install the driver... Hope one of those things will cure it. Never had any kernelbase.dll crash (or any CTD) since I switched from FSX to P3Dv3 some years ago...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 1TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home

crazysmurfs

Postby crazysmurfs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 am

I have been experiencing the same Kernlbasedll.crash for the last few times I've attempted to fly. I can not load into an airport anywhere near KJFK & KTEB. I have tried doing a flight from the Bahamas to Dominican Republic, that crashes after about 43 mins of flight. I have updated to 4.5 from 4.4.After reading this thread I have temp un-installed Rex SkyForce & Active Sky. I have Orbx Global, Vector, Open NA LC. I have uninstalled/re-installed, plus verified each install through FTX Central. It will crash without any ORBX add-on. I only have 2 add-on planes, both are Carenado. I have deleted Prepared 3D.cfg file to generate a new file. My system has I7-8700K, 32GB Ram & 2080GTX. I've exhausted all avenues for troubleshooting that I can find on the internet. If anybody can help, please DM me.

Return to “Other Support Questions”