Crashing Mid-Flight

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
ACA787

Crashing Mid-Flight

Post by ACA787 »

Hi everyone! I have had P3Dv4 for a little while now, and up until a few weeks ago, it was running fine. I’ve tried 3 times to fly from Montreal to Brussels, on the Quality Wings 787, and the PMDG 777 in the past two days. Every time I try, the plane’s airspeed suddenly goes to zero, and the the plane begins to flip, and stall. At first I thought it was the plane, but after trying two different planes (different softwares) I am having this issues with both planes. The only other long haul flight I have flown was Montreal to London a little while ago, and it worked fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
downscc

Re: Crashing Mid-Flight

Post by downscc »

I cannot picture what you are trying to describe, please provide much more detail because I think this will reveal the problem. For example, you say first the speed goes to zero (is this indicated airspeed or ground speed or both?) but then you say the airplane flips (I don't know what that is) and then stalls. I'm not sure of what you mean by flip and stall here, if the indicated airspeed dropped below a certain value (depending on aircraft, weight, altitude, etc) then you would get stall warnings long before a stall, this would happen around 120-220 kts depending on lots of things. The only time the airspeed would ever be zero is when on the ground... even if you stalled, there would be an indicated airspeed.

Also important is to understand what you are using for weather generation.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Travon999

Post by Travon999 »

Had the same issue. Airspeed suddenly drops to 0 and the plane stalls in a matter of a split second. Happened to me just now with the PMDG 777 and before with the FSL320 and 319. Hopefully there is a fix.

Kind Regards,
Travon
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Travon999 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 am Had the same issue. Airspeed suddenly drops to 0 and the plane stalls in a matter of a split second. Happened to me just now with the PMDG 777 and before with the FSL320 and 319. Hopefully there is a fix.

Kind Regards,
Travon
Which version of P3D are you using?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Travon999

Post by Travon999 »

P3D v4.5
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Travon999 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 am Had the same issue. Airspeed suddenly drops to 0 and the plane stalls in a matter of a split second. Happened to me just now with the PMDG 777 and before with the FSL320 and 319. Hopefully there is a fix.

Kind Regards,
Travon
Have you tries the same route in a default P3D aircraft ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

Kind Regards,
Travon
Read my post above from January, this doesn't makes sense. I cannot even picture this. Even in a stall there will be an airspeed indication. How can you go suddenly from a cruise speed to nothing in an instant. Sounds more like your simulator is hanging, stops running, but even that would not result in zero airspeed..... in fact the lowest airspeed capable of being indicated is about 40-45 kts.
Dan Downs
KCRP