Can´t load a Flightplan (.pln File) @ p3d v4.3

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Wuffi84

Can´t load a Flightplan (.pln File) @ p3d v4.3

Postby Wuffi84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Since P3Dv4.3 I have in the P3D itself the problem that as soon as I load a. Pln file, he will give you a short load and then a separate NEW IFR plan created in P3D. Which, of course, is completely different then the loaded one from onlineflightplanner.org ! Whats wrong ? Bug ?

gez Wuffi

Wuffi84

Re: Can´t load a Flightplan (.pln File) @ p3d v4.3

Postby Wuffi84 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:15 am

The error is also in the flight plan created files in P3D !
Iff i create a new own Plan Save it and load it it kill my own Plan and P3D create a new itself.... ! That Bug sucks. P3D 4.3 Flight Planer is Buggy .... ! Plz Fix it !

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:34 am

The error is also in the flight plan created files in P3D !
Iff i create a new own Plan Save it and load it it kill my own Plan and P3D create a new itself.... ! That Bug sucks. P3D 4.3 Flight Planer is Buggy .... ! Plz Fix it !
I have not had the problem you reported.
Reloading previously created flight plans or newly created flight plans are loading ok.

Did you do a full install of P3Dv4.3 or an update from a previous version?

Have you modified or previously modified any portion of the default P3D worldwide data like Fixes, Airports, Navaids, ILS's , Navdata etc?

Edit:
If you can do screenshots or a video of your flight plan creation steps and saving the plan ... I will test the same steps on my setup.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Wuffi84

Postby Wuffi84 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:23 am

I deleted a few of the waypoints created by the P3D automatically in the middle and after saving and reloading the stored files, they were there again. Iff I invite the plan a second time, it works ! I must do load plan 2nd times then its work 1time it fails ! I ubdate from previous version 4.2 Client&Content

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:39 am

I deleted a few of the waypoints created by the P3D automatically in the middle and after saving and reloading the stored files, they were there again. Iff I invite the plan a second time, it works ! I must do load plan 2nd times then its work 1time it fails ! I ubdate from previous version 4.2 Client&Content
Ok, thanks for the feedback.
I had not edited the plan created by P3D and it loaded properly.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Wuffi84

Postby Wuffi84 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Yes, the problem is that he always loads the same schedule. But as soon as you change it or create an external one, it always loads its own automatically! Only at the 2nd loading attempt it works but iff u go back to flightplaner later is failes again !So its Buggy for me any many more....

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Yes, the problem is that he always loads the same schedule. But as soon as you change it or create an external one, it always loads its own automatically! Only at the 2nd loading attempt it works but iff u go back to flightplaner later is failes again !So its Buggy for me any many more....
Ok.
Sounds like the P3D planner is creating a default plan for you rather than Loading the plan you edited and saved.

Anyway, good that you can get it loaded on the second try until it gets a fix.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Wuffi84

Postby Wuffi84 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Is there any information if there will be a small fix or we have to wait until 4.4 with this problem ?

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Is there any information if there will be a small fix or we have to wait until 4.4 with this problem ?
Here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=30

Kayla said:
"Hello,

Thanks for the file. I was able to reproduce the issue.

The Flight Planner is recalculating the route whenever the departure and destination is changed.

The most viable workaround is loading the flight plan twice, because in that case the departure and destination have not changed, so the recalculate will not trigger.

I'll make a ticket to address this in the next release.

Thanks for the report.

Regards,"
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

msgtmac57

Postby msgtmac57 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:56 pm

My flight plans from P3D v4.2, and any new flight plans that I create from the new 4.3 version, do not save! They load as a direct flight from departing destination to arriving destination. (A straight line from point A to point B, on the map.) When I create a brand new flight plan with P3D v4.3, they won't save either. (They are direct flights as stated above.)

And here's another part of trying to create the flight as desired; when I try to move the red line of path to create turning points from airports, VORs, and intersections, etc., the map turns to gray hexagons until I magically hover over top of where the point was, then I can let go of the mouse clicker and finally create the connecting point (airport, VOR, intersection)! I save the plan as required, but it will not save it as created... It re-loads as the "direct" flight from point A to point B?!

Personally, I'm getting aggravated creating flight plans that I've already saved. (Over & over again.)

Please fix this problem soon.
Thank you!

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:45 am

My flight plans from P3D v4.2, and any new flight plans that I create from the new 4.3 version, do not save! They load as a direct flight from departing destination to arriving destination. (A straight line from point A to point B, on the map.) When I create a brand new flight plan with P3D v4.3, they won't save either. (They are direct flights as stated above.)

And here's another part of trying to create the flight as desired; when I try to move the red line of path to create turning points from airports, VORs, and intersections, etc., the map turns to gray hexagons until I magically hover over top of where the point was, then I can let go of the mouse clicker and finally create the connecting point (airport, VOR, intersection)! I save the plan as required, but it will not save it as created... It re-loads as the "direct" flight from point A to point B?!

Personally, I'm getting aggravated creating flight plans that I've already saved. (Over & over again.)

Please fix this problem soon.
Thank you!
After creating e.g. a new flight plan (without edits) don't you get a bunch of waypoints before saving it?
If you then look at the Navlog does it show the default flight plan waypoints?
If you then start your flight and go to the Map view does it show your route line from the departure airport?

Did you do any screenshots (or video) when creating a typical flight plan and editing by moving the route line?

Maybe other pilots could try duplicate exactly the same plan/edits as a test?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

gilsonc

Postby gilsonc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:56 pm

I am facing the same problem here. For every flight plan I try to load, created by Flight Sim Commander, there is a quick flash of the correct flight plan and then it is overwritten by p3d with some crazy VOR to VOR simple flight plan. This was not happening in version 4.2, abd it does now for every plane or origin-destination.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:05 pm

I am facing the same problem here. For every flight plan I try to load, created by Flight Sim Commander, there is a quick flash of the correct flight plan and then it is overwritten by p3d with some crazy VOR to VOR simple flight plan. This was not happening in version 4.2, abd it does now for every plane or origin-destination.
Have you seen this post with reply from P3D staff?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=30
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

gilsonc

Postby gilsonc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Now yes. But I just do not understand why this "feature" (bug) was put in P3D V4.3 intentionally. What is the use for that ? And it caused discomfort in many users. If it is usefull for anybody should be there as an option.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello,

I'm locking this thread since the issue is covered here: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=129963

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

Return to “Other Support Questions”