Prepar V4 No render/black screen

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
fruscella

Prepar V4 No render/black screen

Post by fruscella »

Hi, Im running a GTX 1080 on SLI
I can see the main screen to select scenario/aircraft/Config
When I launch the flight simulator I see a black screen (with sound and the red notification on top right)
Tried with all to full and also to Default video config.
It is a clean installation, just reinstalled Windows 10

Any clue?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Prepar V4 No render/black screen

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello fruscella,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
AnkH

Re: Prepar V4 No render/black screen

Post by AnkH »

Did you wait long enough? If I delete the shaders (either to run another PTA preset or each time I upgraded the display Driver), it takes several seconds up to longer than a full Minute until the image starts to show (usually first the ground textures, then the autogen and last the clouds). If you abort the loading after 30-40 seconds, you might have simply not waited long enough...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home