The aircraft is pulled to the left.

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
redsonssi

The aircraft is pulled to the left.

Post by redsonssi »

When you take off and land on the runway, the aircraft is pulled to the left.
Same symptoms on all runways. The wind did not blow either.
I do not use a joystick.
The version is p3dv4,2.
I am uncomfortable with the symptoms of pulling to the left.
Please let me know how to solve it.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: The aircraft is pulled to the left.

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What aircraft are you flying? Spinning propellers will cause the aircraft to pull to the left at low speed. This mimics the actual handling characteristics of these types of aircraft.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
snauffal

Post by snauffal »

I have the same issue. Just installed 4.2 yesterday and aircraft moves to the left when moving (all aircraft).

It does seem like the rudder is jumping by itself to the left.

I do have a joystick installed. I tried to calibrate it, but even without touching it, the rudder command seems to be jumping to the left.

I have FSUIPC (uninstalled, tried, reinstalled latest version), same issue. Also updated the joystick drivers.

Disconnected the joystick and same thing. There seems to be no way to have the aircraft to take off straight as it will go to the left. Without the joystick there seems to be no right rudder input at all.

What a mess this update has been. I've spent all day troubleshooting things (ATC window, this rudder thing) and I still have a long list (scenery is blurry etc).
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm Hello,

What aircraft are you flying? Spinning propellers will cause the aircraft to pull to the left at low speed. This mimics the actual handling characteristics of these types of aircraft.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

I am flying with pmdg747.
Last edited by redsonssi on Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

snauffal wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 pm I have the same issue. Just installed 4.2 yesterday and aircraft moves to the left when moving (all aircraft).

It does seem like the rudder is jumping by itself to the left.

I do have a joystick installed. I tried to calibrate it, but even without touching it, the rudder command seems to be jumping to the left.

I have FSUIPC (uninstalled, tried, reinstalled latest version), same issue. Also updated the joystick drivers.

Disconnected the joystick and same thing. There seems to be no way to have the aircraft to take off straight as it will go to the left. Without the joystick there seems to be no right rudder input at all.

What a mess this update has been. I've spent all day troubleshooting things (ATC window, this rudder thing) and I still have a long list (scenery is blurry etc).

So there is no solution, and you have to wait till you fix it in Lookhid Martin?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Are any add-ons that you have installed opening menu windows? There are cases where right rudder control and other input can be impacted when these menu windows are opened. We will have a fix for this in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

There is no new add-on.
I have not been able to operate the rudder right key a few days ago and have turned it into a different key.
Is this a problem?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Can you list all add-ons that you currently have installed? Also do you see this issue after remapping the key?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

pmdg747, rex4, gsx.
I have not installed many add-ons yet.
And I never turned the key back to the original.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

There are a couple posts with users reporting similar issues when having GSX installed:
viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=128733
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=129251

We'll have a fix for this issue in our next update. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
redsonssi

Post by redsonssi »

i See.
I will continue to fly in this state even if it is uncomfortable.
I hope this will be fixed in the next update
Thank you always, Lookhid Martin
snauffal

Post by snauffal »

Guys but I don't have GSX and have the same issue. All aircraft, all airports. With Joystick or without. With FSUIPC or without. Autorudder on and off.

I have followed the debugging and still it is a problem. Aircraft will go left immediately after applying power.

One thing that I noticed is that the rudder to the right with Enter (on the numpad) wasn't working at all so I changed the key assignment. Then the rudder worked but it still didn't stop the plane from going left.

Here's a video (sorry for the crappy quality): Default aircraft, default airport. No rudder input at all. Only throttle.

https://youtu.be/Z2tttaqep_0

NOTE: I have no EZDOK or Chaseplane.
Carl

Post by Carl »

I experienced a problem similar to this when I updated to 4.2, but I think it was my stupidity that caused it. At first I thought prop torque was gaffed, but I experienced the extreme left pull no matter what GA aircraft I tried.

I checked rudder controls/settings etc. - no change. Come to find out, in my rush to try out the update, I had neglected to check my weather settings. Seems I had winds of 20+ on the runway. Duh .... my bad.
MSI Meg ACE mobo - AMD 3800x CPU - 32gb RAM @ 3600 - ( 2) 1tb PCIe4 M.2s, (2) 1tb EVO SSDs - GTX1070 8gb OC GPU - single 32" monitor @ 2560x1440 - Win 10 Pro
jasonboche

Post by jasonboche »

Prepar3D 4.3: My PMDG 737-800 was pulling slightly to the left. Under Realism | Flight Model | General, move the General slider all the way to the left 0% fixed the problem.