[RESOLVED] How set/configure default position of startup screen permanently

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Crj700Lutz

[RESOLVED] How set/configure default position of startup screen permanently

Post by Crj700Lutz »

Hi,
I have a 2 projector + 1 TFT Setup.
Whenever I start up P3D or set a new Scenario I would like to see that Screen/window showing up on the TFT rather than on one of the projectors. Is there a way to configure this?
Thanks a lot
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: How set/configure default position of startup screen permanently

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Yes, you will have to modify the UISettings.xml file in "%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4". In the "Views.Startup.ScenarioStartup" section change "IsLoadEnabled" and "IsSaveEnabled" both to true. This UI will then save and load its position. You can manually change "Left" and "Top" values in this file as well.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Electrixz

Post by Electrixz »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 pm Hello,

Yes, you will have to modify the UISettings.xml file in "%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4". In the "Views.Startup.ScenarioStartup" section change "IsLoadEnabled" and "IsSaveEnabled" both to true. This UI will then save and load its position. You can manually change "Left" and "Top" values in this file as well.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Do you know how make that dialog centered? its kinda bothering me that its not.
https://gyazo.com/8a94fff31702569a0c920ee12ce06dad
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We attempt to center this window by default based on where the application is located. If you want to make manual changes you can modify the Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox section in the UISettings.xml file.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Electrixz

Post by Electrixz »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 pm We attempt to center this window by default based on where the application is located. If you want to make manual changes you can modify the Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox section in the UISettings.xml file.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
What would I have to change in order for it to work. I recall changing some figures and it would always default back to its original size?
https://i.gyazo.com/ecdda512e1b176454c0 ... ea095f.png
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

I mentioned a couple entries in my first reply. Does changing those have any effect?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Electrixz

Post by Electrixz »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:26 pm I mentioned a couple entries in my first reply. Does changing those have any effect?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
I am not sure, because I just changed the "needscenter" to true and it reverted to false and not sure. Also the numbers I try changes back to default. I was asking what do I to change or what should I change in what line to in order to see some effect. I know that there is a fullscreen state and a windowed state and not sure which ones I am to change. I run fullscreen P3D, but when I open it its in windowed mode. At the very least, what are your numbers in this section for you?

https://i.gyazo.com/1ca0acc52a263fa270d ... bf415f.png
Electrixz

Post by Electrixz »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:26 pm I mentioned a couple entries in my first reply. Does changing those have any effect?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Its all fixed, thanks!