[RESOLVED] Ground steering with V4.2 not ezdok or A2A

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
antonvs

[RESOLVED] Ground steering with V4.2 not ezdok or A2A

Post by antonvs »

I have a new install of P3D v4.2 and have a very weird Ground steering With default a/c and the only payware I have installed so far, the Realair Legacy v2.

The issue is unstable ground stealing where the nose wheel and Rudder turn slightly in the opposite direction whilst from inside the cockpit steering is finicky wanting to go off track all the time. Interestingly the steering is perfectly fine up to about 2 knots (or about the time the speed starts to show above 0 in the gps display).

Once airborne flight is normal. I use Saitek x55 stick and throttle as well as Rudder Pedals. I have these configured using P3D control settings only (have not installed FSUIPC 5 yet). I have checked that the settings for the rudder are not reversed (these us the Rz axis).

I see the symptoms typical of conflicting settings but can not trace any. Like to hear if anyone else has the same issue.
antonvs

Re: Ground steering with V4.2 not ezdok or A2A

Post by antonvs »

Update. Tonight I have installed my Carenado Beach Premier 1A and am happy to report that this plane steers perfectly at all stages on the ground. So the two aircraft that perform weird for me are the default Carenado A36 and the Realair Legacy v2. There must be a connection.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I have been testing with the Carenado A36 and the Realair Duke v2 and have not noticed a steering problem.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
por928

Post by por928 »

I have just updated to 4.2 and notice my ground steering is virtually non existent on any default a/c or most of my my addons like the Twin Otter or PMDG777, Aerosoft CRJ700/900, FSW Gates Learjet 35 etc.

The steering works great with the Majestic, in conjunction with the tiller.

In version 4.1, I had no issues at all.

Looking at the front landing gear wheel, when I am stationary in most a/c, the front wheel steering does not action( with the CRJ700/900 the steering works when stationary). When I move the aircraft, even very very slowly, the steering action moves left or right. It seems very begrudgingly on some aircraft, or it flicks back and forth. Even when barely moving, and the steering only moved off centre, the aircraft "bulldozers" ..sliding the front tyre. This is seen even more say with the PMDG 777 or CRJ700/900...
It is like the ability to turn has been removed, unless like the Majestic, there is an alternative method. The rudder works ok in the air, just the steering.

Anyway, looks like I will be returning to 4.1 and make sure the steering is still ok there.

Geoff
Regards

Geoff..YBBN
por928

Post by por928 »

I just reloaded v4.1 and the steering now works correctly on all aircraft.

So, on my machine, there are problems with v4.2 steering.

I will remain on 4.1...for now.
Regards

Geoff..YBBN
por928

Post by por928 »

OK, Resolved. The issue "was" with EZ, and not P3Dv4.2. EZ released version '29', which resolved the blocked steering.
Regards

Geoff..YBBN