How to update Client only

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Geir Haukland

How to update Client only

Post by Geir Haukland »

This is how i got my update to work. I have seen so many questions, even yelling about the hotfix 1 and mostly i cause they dont read what moderators write to help and guide you through the steps.

Here is the first thing i did.

1. Uninstalling Client only.

Then you get a window like this:

Make sure you click NO, then proceed with uninstalling.

2. Installing the hotfix 1.

Make sure you run the installer as an admin, screen will look like this:

Just follow onscreen messages. Yes i know i have skipped a few steps, but most of you know how to download the client only i hope, if not, login to your account and you must follow this simple step.

Click the little + to expand the Component Installers.

then download the Client only.

3. If you have done this correctly, start p3d and start a flight, any flight will do, then on the top menu, click About, see picture for info.

These simple steps did i follow, and i had no problem or what so ever, sim runs fine, texture is fine, hey, everything works as it suppose to do. My suggestion fellow simmers, is that your have to read how to instead of pouring lots of question to admin about things dont work etc, they have their hands full as it is by doing another update for you, so please, always read instructions b4 you start asking silly questions that may or may not related to a flaw in hotfix 1 file, most likely it is human error this time, so now you know my way and how i updated client only.

And all images are borrowed from "Poppet" . Sorry Poppet, but this i had to type down so people can READ in howto the simple way. I have skipped a few step, but basicly this works just fine. and admin, feel free to remove if not suited here.

Thank you for your time.
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
uksfpred

Re: How to update Client only

Post by uksfpred »

Actually for this hot-fix you need to install the content too else some of the fixes wont work . .i.e F-16 spoilers fix
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

uksfpred wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am Actually for this hot-fix you need to install the content too else some of the fixes wont work . .i.e F-16 spoilers fix
NO you dont. The hotfix is ONLY the CLIENT, and thats what you ONLY need ro update. Read all about it in the correct forum
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

ok so what this guy saying is wrong then ?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 45#p161945

because i've updated as you've said and the speed breaks still don't work in the f-16.

I will be trying what he suggests later to see if that fixes it.
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

uksfpred wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:05 am ok so what this guy saying is wrong then ?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 45#p161945

because i've updated as you've said and the speed breaks still don't work in the f-16.

I will be trying what he suggests later to see if that fixes it.
HAS nothing to do with the hotfix at all, he only suggest and show you how to update the content if needed, and still have nothing to do with the hotfix as it is in the Client part, not the content part, and if they tell us to do otherwise, i stick what i have said.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi All,

Most users only desire the Client update as it is the fastest way to get most of the changes.

Previous posts are correct, changes like the F-16 speed brakes will require the Content update, and the scenery issue will require the Scenery update. We will update the news post with a clearer breakdown shortly.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Thank you for clearing that up Adam