[RESOLVED] SimObjects v4

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
nunweilr

[RESOLVED] SimObjects v4

Post by nunweilr »

I'm trying to add a location for addon aircraft. Each time I've tried to add a line to the simobjects.cfg, none of the objects are available and the Prepar3d v4 w/ hotfix 1 errors. The sim loads but I'm in "Visualization Mode Only." Below is the entry I added to the simobject cfg file in the Program Data folder:

[Entry.10]
TITLE=JF Traffic
PATH=SimObjects\JFTraffic360
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I really hope someone can help me.

Ray
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimObjects v4

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Ray,

The first thing to check is if this add-on is compatible with v4. I would recommend contacting the developer regarding this as well as questions with installation.

If compatibility is not an issue than I recommend using the add-on.xml method for installation. This is cleaner and also prevents you from having to modify core Prepar3D files or folders. There are more details on this in the Learning Center but all you would need to do is create an add-on.xml file in the JFTraffic360 folder with the correct information and move the entire folder into the "%userprofile%\documents\Prepar3D v4 add-ons" directory.

Also were any other modifications made to the simobjects.cfg? You may want to delete this file and force Prepar3D to regenerate it to ensure there are no other errors. If you are adding aircraft by modifying this file then the folder containing these aircraft needs to be in the correct location. With the entry you specified you would need to copy the JFTraffic360 folder into Prepar3D's SimObjects folder. As mentioned before this is not recommended.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
nunweilr

Post by nunweilr »

Rob,

Thank you for the response. I will try your recommendation when I have an opportunity.

Ray
nunweilr

Post by nunweilr »

Rob,

That worked splendidly, thank you.

Ray