Virtuali addon manager tweaks for P3Dv4?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Tamba765

Virtuali addon manager tweaks for P3Dv4?

Post by Tamba765 »

When I used FSX, I added HIGHMEMFIX and an Affinity Mask tweak to the config file. I had "skeleton" aircraft, and 8 minute freezes, which went away completely after these changes. The Viruali addon manager has these same tweaks for P3Dv4. do they help with the P3Dv4 platform like they did with FSX or not? I've had occasional random freezes. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
aeronauta

Re: Virtuali addon manager tweaks for P3Dv4?

Post by aeronauta »

Is this an add on for P3D V4?? I find it very strange..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Tamba765

Post by Tamba765 »

Virtuali is an addon manager that comes with software such as Flight Beam Studios and FSDT. It's in the ADD-ONS tab drop down list of P3Dv4 and FSX when you have this software installed. When opened it, has a list of about 12 tweaks that can be "applied globally to the sim". There is a tab at the bottom of the Addon Manager that says "Save To Pepare3D v4". The 2 tweaks that I've been using are HIGHMEMFIX and AffinityMask. Both of these helped FSX function better.
OK, back to my original question. Do you know if these tweaks can be of any help with P3Dv4, or are they only for FSX. Thanks again.
Pete Locascio
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

HIGHMEMFIX is worthless as it was only an issue for RTM version of FSX (yes, that long ago). It is even more worthless as it is literally not something in a 64bit application. If you attempted to apply that "fix" it would probably destroy your Prepar3D application.

AffinityMask is something you should only touch if you absolutely need to.

In short... I wouldn't touch a thing until you knew for certain you needed to.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Tamba765

Post by Tamba765 »

Ok, thanks. I really appreciate it. Have a good one.
Pete Locascio