No Effects

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
N425CV

No Effects

Post by N425CV »

Hello,

I've had this issue with P3Dv3 Pro 3.4.22.19868 for some time now. I've been scanning the forums hoping I would find a solution to my problem. So far, no luck.
The issues I'm having are;
1) No contrails with the default jets at any altitude.

2) The Alabeo Extra 300 smoke system does not work.

3) No lightning that I can see. I see reflections of a flash but no lightning bolt. I can hear the thunder.

4) No tire effect when rolling on a wet runway. I can see rain drops but that's about it.

I have the latest revision of P3D Pro 3.4.22.19868 and fully updated Home version of Windows 10. My pc consists of an Intel Core i7 CPU 930 @2.80 GHz, 12.0 GB of RAM. Dual AMD Radeon HD6770 Video cards.

I performed the trouble shooting steps outlined in your guide with no change.

I verified that P3D was recognizing my graphics card by looking at display in the settings menu. I saw my card listed there.

Next I removed all the generated files and this made no change. I then removed P3D and all associated files and folders from my pc. Did a fresh install of P3D with the Norton anti-virus disabled and and a clean reboot.
There are no add-ons installed at this time. With a fresh install and no add-ons P3D effects still do not work.
FSX is also installed on this pc with add-ons and I see all effects no problem.
Any suggestions?
Poppet

Re: No Effects

Post by Poppet »

Hello N425CV

Are your AMD Graphics driver up to date ?

----------

As a process of elimination Delete the ShadersHLSL, Simobjects, Texture and Effects folder in your core Prepar3D folder

Then Repair the Client and Content Components, this will return all 4 folders as default again

1) Right Click on Install_Client.msi Click Repair

2) Right Click on Install_Content.msi Click Repair

Launch Prepar3D and test
N425CV

Post by N425CV »

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I went into Device manager and used auto detect to verify my Display Drivers. It came back and said the drivers were up to date for my Radeon HD6770. This is the video card that P3D recognizes in the settings page. I had a feeling that something wasn't right so I went and looked at the PC build sheet. The build sheet said that I had dual Radeon HD 5700. Additionally I tried to open the AMD Catalyst Control Center and it would not open.
Somewhere along the line the wrong drivers were installed into the system.
I ran Display Driver Uninstaller and completely removed the Display drivers. I then downloaded and installed the correct drivers for the Radeon HD5700 cards. The Catalyst Control Center now opens and is functional.

I completely removed P3Dv3 from my system by performing the steps outlined in the P3D Guide.
After that I reinstalled P3D v3 per the steps called out in the guide.
Results are the same. Still no smoke system with the Alabeo Extra 300, no rolling tire effects, visible lightning or contrails.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi N425CV,

Just to be clear, are you saying you see no special effects or that you are just missing the special effects you have listed?

You said you have tried all steps outlined at http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246? That should rule out most common conflicts. Was there anything unique about your installation or system?

Could you enable Content Error Reporting and let us know if anything is generated?

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/conte ... rting.html

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
N425CV

Post by N425CV »

Hello Adam,

I'm not sure exactly what effects come with P3dv3 since this has been the case since I purchased and installed it. I also have FSX installed on this PC and experience no problems with the noted effects.

As previously stated P3D and all add-on aircraft were removed and a fresh download/install was performed. This made no change at all. I still had no contrails with the default aircraft, no smoke system on the Extra 300, etc.
I have since re-installed the add-on aircraft and the Flight1 GTN-750. I use Active Sky Next for the weather and use no add-on scenery.

I did generate an error log and the only errors listed were concerning duplicate keys for the add-on aircraft. Probably due to uninstalling/reinstalling events.

[error.0]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\aircraft.cfg
Section:direction_indicators
Key:direction_indicator.0

[error.1]
File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air_LITE\aircraft.cfg
Section:direction_indicators
Key:direction_indicator.0

[error.2]
error=Duplicate Section Name
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado P46T Malibu JetProp DL\aircraft.cfg
Section: pitot_static

[error.3]
File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\texture.WN\texture.cfg
Section:fltsim
Key:fallback.3

Thank you for your help,
Don