Hoping Ver2 would be it

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
ejwells409

Postby ejwells409 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:42 am

However that has not been the case. Sadly, despite claims of higher fps, faster load times, lack of blurries. . .none of those have been my experience with Ver2. If I have to "dumb down" my settings to see decent performance, it would seem to me that it defeats the purpose for moving from FSX to P3D. I am at a loss as to why P3D is a letdown when I have a fairly new setup that, according to others who are very satisfied with P3D, should be getting very good performance and at least a 30% increase in fps and more than that in other areas. Yet, try as I might, I see no gain in performance, fps, etc., over my current FSX setup. I had ver 1.4 and it was abysmal and so I held out to wait on Ver2 because like many, I thought it was going to include a 64bit engine. It appears that may be a long time coming, if ever.

One last aggravation is the "Runtime Errors". Something I've never seen, ever until I installed P3D. They happen almost anytime, with maxed scenery, with sliders turned off, in High Detailed aircraft or in the Cub. Several have question why it's happening and the last time I looked it hadn't been answered. I have a few more weeks before the license expires and I'll mess with it some more. But unless some of these questions are answered, I'll go back to FSX gladly.

Saul

Postby Saul » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 am

You had to turn down the settings when FSX came out as we all did no matter how powerful our machines was then.

It's the same now, P3Dv2 was made with future proofing the same way FSX was first made.

Its not practical to have FULL settings now until the hardware comes out that can do that.

Just the same as it was when FSX came out.

I can't believe the statements coming out here. I'm not experiencing any of Problems what so ever!

It not because I'm lucky, its because I don't jump straight in turn all the settings on full and

install every Tom, Dick and Harry's addon made incidentally for FSX.

Where did you get the Idea it would include a 64bit engine. Wake up one morning thinking that?

Nowhere on the Internet or this forum has any official spokesperson said they are planning 64bit.

There is a very good reason for this as most of the addons would not be compatible and there's really no need.

FSX is noway perfect it has bugs and there no way that MS are ever going to fix it.

Granted P3Dv2 has some bugs, the difference is they are working to fix them and improve the simulator.

I am getting better FPS and I got in FSX with all the tweaks under the sun to the FSX.cfg file

I'm sorry your not having a great time of it you just need to get over your misconceptions lower your settings

and tread very carefully to addons you install. Mostly I find Aircraft is fine but some do have texture problems.

The main culprits for causing major problems is the scenery and airports.

I know the LM team are working hard to fix any such problems to continue with backwards compatibility for addons.

We was all demanding in the forums the release of v2.0 after those screen shots and new items was released.

No wonder they felt the pressure to release the product early and apply fixes along the way.

It's the way all software is developed now anyway, without exception!

I am sorry if I seem to be going on a bit, I am just answering your complaints and concerns.

Regards,

Saul.

ejwells409

Postby ejwells409 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:44 am

Quote:

. . . . . .I can't believe the statements coming out here. I'm not experiencing any of Problems what so ever!

It not because I'm lucky, its because I don't jump straight in turn all the settings on full and

install every Tom, Dick and Harry's addon made incidentally for FSX.

I'm not running anything other than the base installation. Nothing added. . .not from Tom, Dick or Harry for that matter. And, while I did set the sliders in P3D the same as those in FSX initially, I have most at less than half now, with little improvement.

Quote:

Where did you get the Idea it would include a 64bit engine. Wake up one morning thinking that?

Nowhere on the Internet or this forum has any official spokesperson said they are planning 64bit.

There is a very good reason for this as most of the addons would not be compatible and there's really no need.

Look, you don't know me, so save the sarcasm. I need answers/help with legitimate concerns, echoed by quite a few folks as I read through various threads here. You are partly correct about the 64 bit engine, there was no "Official Spokesperson" saying that, however it was bantered about on many Sim forums. Where it originated, I have no idea. . .it was something that was being discussed. Sorry I didn't go to the trouble of tracking down someone at LM to verify it.

Quote:

FSX is noway perfect it has bugs and there no way that MS are ever going to fix it.

Granted P3Dv2 has some bugs, the difference is they are working to fix them and improve the simulator.

I am getting better FPS and I got in FSX with all the tweaks under the sun to the FSX.cfg file

As mentioned, that is one thing I have not seen. Based on similar settings, P3DvsFSX, I see no change at all in FPS.

Quote:

I'm sorry your not having a great time of it you just need to get over your misconceptions lower your settings

and tread very carefully to addons you install. Mostly I find Aircraft is fine but some do have texture problems.

The main culprits for causing major problems is the scenery and airports.

. . .and as I have mentioned. . .I have nothing installed in Ver2 beyond the base installation right now, so none of that is what's causing the lack of performance.

Quote:

I know the LM team are working hard to fix any such problems to continue with backwards compatibility for addons.

We was all demanding in the forums the release of v2.0 after those screen shots and new items was released.

No wonder they felt the pressure to release the product early and apply fixes along the way.

It's the way all software is developed now anyway, without exception!

I am sorry if I seem to be going on a bit, I am just answering your complaints and concerns.

Regards,

Saul.

I'm glad they're working to improve, but that isn't answering the biggest hurdle I have right now, and apparently several others, "what is causing the Run Time Error" about 10 minutes into a flight? Until that is fixed, We can't do a whole lot of anything with the latest version.

Saul

Postby Saul » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:04 am

yes I can understand how frustrating that would be.

Be assured that they are working to fix all the problems reported.

From what I know of the P3D team they do value each and every customers opinions.

ricka47

Postby ricka47 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 am

I've been flying sims since the Commodore Vic-20 days and have had them all. None were perfect. I've had FSX for a long time now and did all I could to make it run well and work with DX-10 and was quite happy with it. But, when I installed P3Dv2, I knew that FSX was history for me. The bottom-line is that FSX is dead and the core platform will not be further developed. The issues with P3D are being addressed. I, for one, am enjoying the increased performance, the shadows and the other new features that P3D brings and look forward to the continuing growth of the product.
Rick Abshier

torkermax

Postby torkermax » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 am

Quote:

Quote from ricka47 on December 10, 2013, 08:24

I've been flying sims since the Commodore Vic-20 days and have had them all. None were perfect. I've had FSX for a long time now and did all I could to make it run well and work with DX-10 and was quite happy with it. But, when I installed P3Dv2, I knew that FSX was history for me. The bottom-line is that FSX is dead and the core platform will not be further developed. The issues with P3D are being addressed. I, for one, am enjoying the increased performance, the shadows and the other new features that P3D brings and look forward to the continuing growth of the product.

Since this is an Oped post. Believe me, FSX is far from dead. If any thing more folks are convinced of how good it is. May also, add, there still is a large entertainment market for a flight simulator out there

tannagra

Postby tannagra » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Quote:

Quote from torkermax on December 10, 2013, 08:42

Quote:

Quote from ricka47 on December 10, 2013, 08:24

Since this is an Oped post. Believe me, FSX is far from dead. If any thing more folks are convinced of how good it is. May also, add, there still is a large entertainment market for a flight simulator out there

FSX is now really in the same boat that FS9 was in 2006. You've got a new flight sim thats arrived, but you need to upgrade your hardware considerably in order to get the best out of it. Alot of people stayed with FS9, even today, though some upgraded and moved to FSX; the same thing will happen now. Some people will upgrade their GPU's to 290x's or 780ti's, some will stay with their lower GPU's but o/c'd CPU's instead.

If enough people move to P3D you'll slowly get the third party developer crowd following and slowly but surely the add-ons will dry up, just like they have with FS9; though it may take a few years, or it may not.

torkermax

Postby torkermax » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 pm

I still dont see it that way. There will be just as large, if not larger market for an "entertainment" flight simulator. Of which FSX and X-Plane will be well represented in the future.

Return to “Other Support Questions”