Question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Chris Simulation

Question

Post by Chris Simulation »

Hello everyone!
My name's Christian, i'm 13, i'm finishing middle school (8th grader), and the next year i will start a flight academy to become a pilot! So...My mum and dad promised to me to buy me p3d....but...do i need the professional license for 200$ or i can buy the academic one for 60$? And if yes, with the academic, can i also play at home? I also have a youtube channel...if i buy the academic license, can i record my gameplays and posting them on youtube?
Ok...speaking abount other things...i have an:
(GPU) NvidiaGeForce Gtx750ti with 4gb of vram
(CPU) Intel Core i7-4770 with 3,4ghz (Quad-core)
(RAM) 16gb

With these specs, will i be able to run P3D and some other addons (Aerosoft a318-a319-a320-a321-a330/ qw787/ qw146/ majestic q400....) smoothly, well and without fps drops? I mean...is my pc powerful enough to run p3d and these addons, at medium to high options, or it will explode? Consider to watch requirements for these planes....

Sooooooooo.... sorry for this so long post, hope you can help me.....have a good day! Thank you!
Christian
JorgenSA

Re: Question

Post by JorgenSA »

Chris, I don't want you to take this as a criticism, but rather as a straightforward evaluation of you situation.

Your system will run P3D v. 4, but it IS a medium-performance system, so don't expect a stellar performance.

I do not own any of the add-on aircraft you mention, my add-ons are mainly sceneries and AI (mostly freeware), so I cannot say anything about FPS drops etc., but most likely you will experience them with complex add-ons.

You do not mention if this is a system that can be overclocked, if that is possible then you might look into that. As an example, I started on this system (see below) with an i7-6700 CPU @ 3.6 GHz, and performance was.... medium. I then upgraded to an i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, and that made performance jump! After the warranty period was over, I overclocked it to 4.66 GHz, and that made performance jump yet again.

Personally, if I was in your situation, I would spend my money on upgrading hardware instead of add-on aircraft, IF upgrading hardware is possible in your system

Have fun flying -

Jorgen

Oh sorry, PS: The Academic license should work just fine for you.
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Chris Simulation

Hi Jorgen...thank you very much for your answer...i would upgrade my pc, but unfortuantely i can't now :(... Anyway...i've saw many videos of peoples who have p3d and running it with worse specs than mine....do you think i will able to run it until i can buy or upgrade a pc....Bye
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

As I said, your present system should be able to run P3D, just don't expect a stellar performance, especially with add-ons.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@Chris Simulation,

You can test P3D on your system.

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Academic, Professional, and Professional Plus software licenses come with a Lockheed Martin 14 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

See policy information here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Chris Simulation

Hi Martyson! I know! Thank you! But i actually don't know if the planes will work
Christian
KathrynLykins

Post by KathrynLykins »

Chris Simulation wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm
My name's Christian, i'm 13, i'm finishing middle school (8th grader), and the next year i will start a flight academy to become a pilot!
domyhomework4me:
I had a great instructor, really fun and got to do a lot of maneuvers in the 1/2 hour flight at exam. During studying in flight academy